Day Two (Morning)

Ace Dawford's P.O.V. (D2)

I wake up at the same time as everyone else, except Kara. She was supposed to be on last watch last night. We gave her a fair shift, the same as the rest of us, so it is kinda frustrating that she fell asleep on the job. Everyone else stayed awake. I don't show my frustration, unlike Elsa, who has had a problem with Kara since we've met her.

Elsa growls in irritation as she marches over to the mouth of the cornucopia, where Kara is peacefully slumbering, her knife clutched in her hand loosely. She furiously kicks Kara's leg. The girl wakes up with a jolt, immediately scrambling to her feet.

"What are you doing?!" Elsa screams in her face.

Kara looks confused, "What are you talking about?"

"You were sleeping! You were supposed to be on watch duty! What were you thinking! Somebody could've just moseyed on in here and finished us all off, just like that!" Elsa shouts louder, snapping her fingers inches away from Kara's face with the last sentence.

Kara's confused expression turns into a cold, angered one, "But nobody came! So ha!"

"But they could've! You gave them the perfect opening to do so! Maybe you won't be so lucky next time, and oh, I hope you aren't. Because if you fall asleep on the job one more time, I'll personally make sure you don't see another day in the arena!" Elsa screams.

Kara is glaring daggers at Elsa right now, and I'm afraid they'll kill one another any minute now, so I jump between them.

"Okay, break it up," I push Elsa away from the younger girl, "She made a simple mistake, okay? I'm sure it won't happen again."

"It better not..." Elsa mutters, but I pretend I didn't hear it.

"We good here?" I ask, giving them both a look.

"Yes," they say in sync.

"Good. How about a little hunt to cool everyone down?" Gwen suggests, "After breakfast, of course."

"Sounds good," I answer for everyone. I know that Elsa would want to go on a hunt anyways, so I'm mostly speaking for myself and Kara.

So we all settle down for a quick breakfast of fruit and bread, then we gear up for the hunt. When everyone is ready, I take the lead, walking straight toward the mountains.

Scarlett Salasi's P.O.V. (D7)

I sit, perched high in an evergreen tree, scanning the ground below for passing tributes. Fynn went to the ground before sunup to hunt for animals. Even though we already have food in our packs, Fynn thought it wise to save it for later and hunt instead. He said he was getting bored anyways. I hope he gets back soon, because I'm starving. We didn't eat anything yesterday, because once again, Fynn said we should save it until we really need it. I'm glad he thinks of those sorts of things beforehand. If it was just me here, I probably would've eaten it all by now. Actually, I probably wouldn't have even got a pack without Fynn. It's like he was made for the Hunger Games. He knows everything about it, he can fight like no other, he can hunt, and he has the right instinct for this. It really makes me appreciate having him as my brother.

I suddenly hear a snap from below. I feel relieved at first, knowing that I can finally eat. I was about to call out Fynn's name, in case he forgot what tree I was in, until I see that it isn't him at all. It's the Career Pack, the boy from Two, the girl from Two, the little girl from One, and the girl from Four.

I gasp and involuntarily start climbing higher. I cringe as I branch snaps. I watch it crash through the other branches noisily and land on the ground before the Career tributes' feet. The boy stops and looks up. He glances at the three girls and nods towards me. They all crowd around him and smile up at me.