Training Day Two

Ace Dawford's P.O.V. (D2)

Elsa and I throw some knives at targets while Gwen trains with a spear. Kara tried throwing knives with us, but Elsa and I didn't allow her.

"Did you see her reaction when we told her to leave?" Elsa chuckles as she swings her arm back to throw another knife, "She's so pathetic. I can't wait to kill her."

"She'll probably get killed by the biggest wimp in the arena before you get the chance," I say, "I don't understand what drove her to volunteer since she obviously can't even lift an axe."

I point over to the axe station where Kara is attempting to lift an axe. She only lifts it a few inches off the ground before she drops it again. Elsa and I hold in laughs.

"Like I said," Elsa repeats, "Pathetic."

We turn away and continue messing around with the knives. I glance over at Gwen a few times. She's doing excellent with the spears over there. I saw her with a mace earlier too. She's got some strength.

I nod in her direction, "What's your thoughts on her?"

Elsa glances up, "Who, Gwen? She's alright."

"I think we made a wise choice with her," I say.

"If you say so, Ace, but I wouldn't put all of your trust in her. I don't trust anybody here, except you."

"Well that's nice to know."

"So what are we doing next?" Elsa changes the subject.

I sigh, "I guess we should look at the survival stations. I mean, we've been at all of the fighting stations already today and we spent all day yesterday doing the same thing."

"Okay, survival stations it is then."

Sabrina Lopez's P.O.V. (D12)

I walk around the room, trying to find Wesley, Dylan, or Emma, but none of them are in sight. The last time I was with them, they were walking over to the medicine and poison sections, but I wanted to try out the archery station.

As I walk past a camouflaging station, I hear somebody whisper my name playfully, "Sabrina..."

I stop dead in my tracks, "Who's there?"

My eyes scan the camouflaging station. There are two boulders, several trees and stumps, as well as some leaf-piles and logs scattered around. I jump back and scream a little when one of the trees moves.

"What the-"

Laughter comes from the station as I look around with wide and confused eyes. Then a figure emerges from beside the tree I thought moved. The person is wearing some sort of camo-shirt and pants. Paint is covering their face and arms, giving them a bark-like look to them.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion as the person comes closer, "Wesley?"

Wesley bursts out in laughter, "You should've seen your face! We totally had you!"

"We?"

Two more figures emerge from the station. It's Dylan and Emma. They are laughing just as hard as Wesley as I frown, unamused. Emma was camouflaged to look like one of the leaf piles while Dylan disguised himself to blend in with the log and ground.

"Haha, very funny," I say, but they continue giggling and pointing at me.

"I hope you guys don't laugh like this when someone that isn't quite as friendly as me walks by in the arena. You'll all be toast."

They seem to laugh more at that. I roll my eyes and smile.

"Okay, so did you guys learn anything useful in the medicine and poison section?" I ask as their laughter dies down.