Day Eight (Morning)

Kara Windfield's P.O.V. (D1)

"Up and at 'em!" I shout, kicking Ace and Elsa awake, "Hurry up! I want to go hunting again!"

Elsa rubs her eyes and looks around, "Where's Fynn?"

I roll my eyes impatiently, "He's outside. He was awake all night, so I let him take all of our night shifts."

Elsa frowns, "That wasn't really nice of you. You were supposed to take over the next shift when Fynn was done."

"Yeah I was going to, but he told me that he could handle it!" I snap back in defense.

"You know what? Fine, whatever," Elsa shakes her head, obviously uninterested in further argument.

"Hurry up and eat something so we can go," I command eagerly, "Or you could just eat something on the road. That would probably be best."

Elsa blinks at me then looks at Ace, who is securing a pack over his shoulders. He looks at us questioningly, "What? Are we going or not?"

"Yes! Finally!" I celebrate as I arm myself with a curved knife. I don't bother getting a pack since we'll just be returning to the cornucopia later anyways.

"But Ace, we've barely had enough time to wake ourselves up," Elsa complains.

"Just splash some water on your face from the river and we can eat something while we're walking."

"Ugh..." Elsa sighs dramatically, "Fine."

As we walk out of the horn, Ace grabs an axe and tosses it on the ground beside Fynn. It clatters noisily on the rocks, but Fynn doesn't seem to notice. He just sits there with his back turned to us, staring down the river.

"You coming?" Ace speaks up, but we don't get a response from him.

I shrug and jump into the water, not really worried about if Fynn comes or not. I'm going to be doing the killing anyways, not them. They'll just be there for backup.

Eventually, Elsa and Ace follow me, leaving Fynn alone. I can't figure out why he's being so depressed. I mean, he should be jumping up and down that he's one step closer to winning because his sister died. Now that she's out of the way, he doesn't need to protect her anymore, and as a bonus, it leaves less tributes for him to fight off. But let's just hope Fynn doesn't get too cocky, because all of his hopes and dreams of winning this thing will be sent down the drain when I personally exterminate him.

I smirk at the thought of making another kill. I feel my adrenaline start pumping as I imagine how I'll kill them all. I'll probably start with Fynn, because he'll be an easy one, then I'll do Elsa. Oh, Elsa...she'll be a good one. We've been building up a hate for each other ever since we met, so I'll finally prove that I'm better than her. And last but not least, Ace. I'll save him for last just out of respect. He's the only person in our whole alliance that has stood up for me numerous times and more importantly, he's the only one that actually appears to have a brain. I think the least I could do is allow him some more arena time.

I figure I should find a way to break him down first. I'm already working on it, believe it or not. I'm building up a trust between us, slowly, but surely. Then I'll take that trust and turn it around and throw it in his face one day to make things more fun.

But I have to be patient... Wait for the time to be right...and then I'll strike.

Dylan Harrison's P.O.V. (D8)

Wesley and I sit within the grove of chestnut trees as we wait for Emma to return. She told us that she was going to fetch some water from the river a little while ago.