Day Twelve (Morning)

Ace Dawford's P.O.V. (D2)

Man, these past twelve days have been the craziest ones of my life. It's hard to believe that twenty-one people could be killed in such a short amount of time. And to think, I killed five of them! My first kill was Cole Winston. I couldn't stop myself for that one, it was just a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. Adrenaline, I guess.

My second was Jada Quinton. That one was for good reason. It was on day four, when the infection was spread. Both our alliances needed the last vial, but we needed it more.

Geofrey Santer was my third kill. At that point, I think I was getting eager to finish this. I also realized that I should start acting like a normal Career tribute. Weird that I killed both tributes from Five.

Then there's Wesley from only just yesterday. That was defense. I was innocently taking a nap in that alley when he arrived. He invited the fight. I still feel guilty about it though. It makes me realize how much the arena has changed me so easily. It's crazy, the things that one is willing to do in order to survive.

Last, but not least, Kara. Now that's one that doesn't bother me as much as the rest. Kara didn't deserve to win after all she had done. I'm sure many would agree that I did the right thing by taking her out of the equation. Elsa was right though...I shouldn't have trusted her for as long as I did. I should've let Elsa finish her off while she still had the chance. I guess I couldn't imagine Kara being so awful since she was only twelve. I wonder how she even came to be that evil.

As for what I plan to do next...I have absolutely no idea. I guess I should just roam the arena until I somehow run into Harper and Janice. When I do, it'll be a difficult fight. Harper has taken out quite a few of the tributes as well, but I've never had the chance to see him fight. Janice, I don't know about her, she might be the easier part. But I can just assume that the only reason she's even made it this far is because of Harper. I mean, dude, she fainted off her pedestal at the bloodbath, for crying out loud! And at the Reapings! I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened more since those instances. The girl hasn't made any kills either...yet she's older than Harper and myself... Then again, Harper only got like a four in training, and Janice got a five, I think. Not to brag, but I doubled their scores with a whopping ten! But it isn't always about the scores. Sometimes, people aren't what they seem, and maybe Harper and Janice have developed more skills and techniques since then.

I hope that it's over fast. I'd prefer to just kill them and get it over with. And if I win, I win. I'll be accomplishing what I volunteered for. Harper and Janice didn't volunteer for this. I knew what I was getting into, so I should've expected this to be difficult. And I do. It's going to be a crazy ride...but maybe I'll come out on top...just maybe.

I've done so much to get here, and I can't give up now. Despite what Kara said yesterday about how my actions in the arena will haunt me back home, I still feel a drive to win...even if she is right. For someone so messed up in the head, Kara sure knew how to get into someone else's mind and press some buttons. I can't seem to forget everything she said to me yesterday, no matter how much I try to dismiss it from my head. It's like she's still alive, standing behind my shoulder, constantly whispering in my ear, reminding me of the things I would rather leave forgotten.

Maybe what Kara said is already happening to me...I'm already being haunted by those lives I've destroyed. I saw Nira, even though she was just a simulation, but it felt so real...and the things she said were all true. How did the Gamemakers know what to make her say?

I shake the thoughts away. The more I think of it, the worse it'll get. I just need to remain calm and move on. If I can handle it in here, I can absolutely do it when I'm out.