Day Four (Morning)

Wesley Carter's P.O.V. (D12)

"Alright," Sabrina says, sweeping up her sword, "I think we've done enough waiting around for people to come to us. It's time for us to come to them."

"Oh, come on, Sab," Emma complains, "Some tributes stumbled across us yesterday, so it could just as easily happen again today."

"Yeah, but we aren't prepared for it. Remember how all of the tributes from yesterday got away?" Sab points out, "Only Wesley was able to land a shot on one of them with his bow, and it wasn't even fatal!"

"Hey!" I say in a half disappointed and half offended tone, "At least I actually got him."

"But we can do better if we weren't sitting around here all day."

"She's right," Dylan says in agreement, and Emma nods reluctantly, "We aren't running into half as many tributes as one would expect, and eventually, the spectators are going to get bored."

"It's only day four, what can they do?" I ask.

Dylan gestures to the jungle around us, "Clearly, the Gamemakers didn't mind making some changes earlier in the Games, why not now?"

"Because they don't want the Games to be over in just a few days. It's got to be longer, have more action, survival, you know? Whatever makes it more interesting," I explain, but judging by their faces, they don't care.

"Then let's make it more interesting, shall we?" Sab says as she tosses my bow to me.

Ace Dawford's P.O.V. (D2)

I wake up to the sound of laughter. It sounded joyful at first, but then it changes into more of the laughter you would hear coming from a maniac. I sit up and immediately find the source of the laughter-Elsa and Kara?

What confuses me the most is that they are both doing it together. I can see Kara laughing like a maniac, but Elsa too? Something is up. Even Fynn and Scarlett are giving them weird looks.

"Um...you guys okay?" I ask, but they just keep laughing and walking around the inside of the cornucopia. It's like they didn't even acknowledge me.

I stand up and march over to them, "Hello? What's so funny?"

Elsa suddenly stops laughing, her joy-filled expression transforming into a serious, fixed glare on me. Something is very wrong. Even Kara stops laughing now, and I notice her choose a knife from a rack of weapons. I take a step forward, and Elsa reacts by finding a curved sword and pointing it at me.

"Stay back! Or I swear, I'll run this right through you!" she threatens, giving me the coldest glare I've ever been encountered with. It's like she's trying to burn a hole through me with it.

I glance at Kara, then back at Elsa. They are both pointing their weapons at me. They're working together?

"I can't believe this!" I say, mostly to myself, "Of all people to team up with, Elsa, you choose Kara?! I thought I knew you better than that. We were friends once, you know."

She suddenly throws herself at me, swinging her menacing, curved blade through the air. I sidestep and hear the clang of her sword meeting the hard ground of the cornucopia. I consider selecting a shuriken from my belt to use against her, but decide against it when something inside me tells me not to. I can't kill Elsa. I would never. We've been friends too long for that.

She looks at me with a tinge of craziness in her eyes as she prepares to strike again. I think Kara has given up on fighting. She's currently banging her head against the wall. They've gone mad!