chapter 37

"Surprise Maama!!" The children shouted throwing confetti...

When Sultana saw everything they did, her heart soared, she was exhilarated. She didn't expect this much from the kids.
Sultan drove her home the lovely sight she beheld.  A pleasant feeling of joy and pride suffused through her, she felt stated.
She hugged and kissed each one of the kids.

She walked up to Sultan, wrapped her hand around his neck and placed a lingering kiss on his lips. Making Sabran and Sabir cover the twins' eyes. Noor bit Sabir's hand and Nawal shoved Sabran's hand quickly from obstructing her view.

Until Sabir cleared his throat and Sultana recalled the kids were there. She pulled apart. "Thank you. Mia, I love you, Group hug."
she announced and in seconds they were all in a group melting hug.

Nawal pulled apart the hug and said, "Can we eat the cake now, seriously guys, we can have these hugs in a family photoshoot or over the weekend." She said drily.

Sabir cut the cake and fed his mom, "I love you Maa, you are kind, amazing, fantastic, and hot!! You mean so much to me. May Allah grant you long life and prosperous life filled with laughter and happiness always and forever."

"Amin thanks son, may Allah bless you," Sultana said crying and hugging him. 

"Thank you, Next,"  Nawal screamed.

Sabran stepped forward. "Happy birthday, to the strongest woman I know, to the most beautiful and independent lady, who will always be my number one role model. I love you so much Maa I may not say it all the time but your mini you loves you so much, so as you age, may you age gracefully. Even  if people think you are my sister and I.."

"Just give her the damned cake!" Noor said with an eye roll. Nawal shook hands with her mom, "I promise not to cause any trouble today Mother. I love you a lot even if you think I am a witch."

Sultana gasped and looked at Sultan. "I love you sweetheart you are the best gift I could ever have."

"Aww, Maama, you don't have to say that, we all know I am not." Sultana had to fake a smile. They had to talk things out later with Nawal.

Noor hugged her mom and they did their handshake greeting. "I love you So much Maama more than dad loves you,  you are incredible and the best Maama in the whole wide world I am so glad dad married you."

"Aww, my Noorie Jaan, I love you too. Allah ya muku Albarka.May God bless you all, may you be the light where ever you go. I love you guys so much you complete me."

And finally, it was Sultan's turn to feed his wife. He held his slender fingers and said:  "Even though we have gotten older, I am still discovering new reasons to love you. You are the best mother and the most incredible wife. It seems that everyone knows you are a year older today except me. "Here we go again," Nawal said rolling her eyes. That made Sultan shoot her a glare, then he continued...

"In my eyes, you are exactly the way you are when I saw you, And since the time I knew you, your smile has not changed you are still the sweetest and the best thing that happened to me. I love you Hubb."  "I love you too Sultan."

He put the piece of cake in her mouth and ate it from her mouth. "No dad don't eat it." Nawal said. "Mom, don't swallow it." Noor added. And Sultana did.

"Ewww!!! They said with an eye roll.

"You guys think we're supposed to be watching this?" Noor asked.  "No, this is gross," Nawal said. They left the kitchen. Sultan sat on the bar stool facing Sultana and held her hands tightly.

"I am appreciative of everything you do and all your efforts to always make me and the kids happy, you always go out of your way to see that we are fine, which I do appreciate, and respect you a lot for always putting our family first, my love for you keeps growing every second I love you, I am sorry if I have been too occupied not to take care of you Sultan, I miss us."