chapter 23

Sultana wore the black hoodie that was written in Arabic, Sultan in front and Hubb at the back with ash yoga pants. Likewise Sultan, he wore the same matching outfit, written Sultana in front and Mia, paring it with an ash sock. She laid on his chest and stroked his neatly trimmed beard. He was busy working on his mac book, and he enjoyed what Sultana was doing.

"Where is your phone Sultan?" He passed it to her from the table beside him. 

She opened his bank application and sent airtime to her phone. You are not going to ask me what I am doing with your phone? Some men are not comfortable with their wives holding their phones."
"I don't have anything to hide, and I know it is airtime you bought."

"You did not ask how much?"

"I know it won't shake the account balance."

"Well think twice I can decide to buy data for two years." "We have a Wifi, I wouldn't mind if it shook, you do not have any restrictions when it comes to spending." Sultana smiled: "This is one of the reasons, I love you." She gave him a quick kiss on his lip and began to play some game on his phone. From there she fell asleep on his chest, with hair splayed everywhere on his chest. When she had fallen deeply asleep, he kept his system aside and took her upstairs to better concentrate on his work.

"Please don't disappoint me at exactly midnight," Sultan said over the phone.

He continued with his work, sipping some black tea.

Sultana stirred from her sleep and saw Sultan was not in bed. She yawned covering her mouth with the back of her palm and streched. She slid in her blush pink slipper and went downstairs to check him.

"Why are you not in bed?" I have to finish as soon as possible, I have to present this to the tomorrow."  "Oh wow, can I help?"
"It is nothing much, I just have to make slides."

She sat close to him. "I want tea," He gave her his. "More Sultan," "Sultana go and get it yourself, I am feeling cold," Sultan grumbled.

"And what has that got to do with me having tea?"  "Ah! Sultana, you can be unbearable at times."  "I like the way you make it, better than me Sultan, and I am trying to keep you active so you won't fall asleep, you need to finish your work ASAP."

"This is just your silly excuse to have me bring it." "I know right." She said with a mischievious smirk.

"Here you go, milady," He said in a British accent. "Thank you, sir." She sipped the Earl grey flavoured tea. "Come, Sultana, I want to show you something."

"Okay sure." She said getting up holding the hot mug in her hands, and slipped her other hand in his as he led the way, when they reached his room. He opened the sliding window pane to the balcony and told her to wait for him. She sat down on the chair swing confused. She said in her head. what the hell dude, what are we doing outside we are supposed to be freaking sleeping.

Bringing her out of her thoughts, he wrapped her with a quilt from behind. "You must be cold," He sat beside her and flung his arms around her neck. "Let's watch the stars, Sultana."

"Okay, Sultan."  She looked at him sceptically. The next thing she saw and heard was fireworks in the sky that wrote, happy anniversary, I love you hubb.

Sultana was speechless how could she have forgotten such an important day in her life?
Tears swelled in her eyes, she looked up at Sultan and In one swift movement she inched closer to him and gently tugged her lips on. She closed her eyes and let tears fall freely. She tipped a little closer to him again and said tearily: "I love you, Sultan, so much."

Sultan hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead. She cried tears of love. She was truly the luckiest girl on earth.  "How did you do all this, it is incredible, I love it I am very impressed."