chapter 9

This is for you again mayaToTheWorld cheers🥂💕darling..

He was ready to leave, but Sultana wasn't, so he had to wait.
"I want to get dressed Sultan."
"Okay!!" He said and continued with what he was doing on his computer, "Umm, Sultan did you hear what I said?"
"Yes, I did."
"So you want to stay for the show?"
"I wouldn't mind staying for the show." "Ugg," she groaned and went to the bathroom.

*********
"You look good," Sultan said, as his eyes feasted on her, she wore a light rosy blush and a hint of dark eyeliner, and she put on red lipstick. He couldn't stop admiring her, he extended his hands to her and she held them firmly, rubbing circles at the back of her thumb. which sent shivers down her spine.

"Bounjorno good morning," Sultan said to the friendly receptionist that they had gotten familiar with. "You guys are such beautiful couples, I get happy every time I see you, can I have a picture with you?" "Yeah sure," Sultan collected her phone and took pictures of them. "Thank you, see you later, Bye." "Bye..."

"Please take us to Bice, on the corner of Third avenue," Sultan told his driver. That was where he met with the business dealers, they discussed for a while, and a deal was sealed.  "Bye, Mrs. Sultan, thanks for all your suggestions they were thoughtful and helpful, you have such an intelligent wife Mr. Sultan." Sultan smiled proudly at her.  "I know right."

Sultana discovered to her pleasure that she could ask Sultan any question about any subject and he answered her as fully as she wished. Not once did he ever patronize her when he replied or fend her off by pointing out that as a woman, the matter was truly none of her concern or worse the answer was beyond any female's ability to understand. Sultana found his respect for her intelligence enormously flattering.

"Dayo would be here any moment from now." And true to his words Dayo came the next minute with two identical twin girls of about nine years of age.

"Hey, iyawo, bawoni."  Dayo said in a thick British accent.

"Dayo please leave my wife alone, she is not the one looking for a husband."

"Uncle, it means how are you."  The other twin said, "And you reply with "dada." it means good.

"Oh, Wow," Sultana said with zing. "Introduce yourselves to aunty," Dayo said to his nieces.

"Hi, I am Darasimi and I am nine, older than Damilola." 

"Oh, please spare me, it is only a few minutes."

Sultana laughed. "Aww you guys are so cute, can we be friends?"

"Yeah, sure we already are." "How do you know our uncle?" "Umm,  Sultan is your Uncle's friend." How do you know Uncle Sultan?" "He is my husband." She cast a  happy glance at Sultan.

"Aunt you didn't tell us your name." "Oh sorry, my bad, I am Sultana." "Umm, Sultana is the female name for Sultan right?" Damilola asked. "Yes, it is darling."

"You are very pretty aunty, what does Sultana mean?"

"It means a female leader or ruler."

"I want to be a leader too someday," Darasimi added.

"Of course you can be, and you know what? you will make a great ruler." "What about you Dami?" "I want to be the richest woman in the whole wide world." "Wow, that is awesome, you have to work very hard then, you know nothing good comes easy." "Aunt, what do you do for a living?"  "I am a chef." "Wow, so you know how to cook different dishes?" Darasimi asked intrigued. "Yes, I try." "Do you own a restaurant?" "Yes, I do." "That is cool, aunt, one day you are going to be on chopped." "Aww, thank you, sweetheart, from your mouth to God's ears."  It was to come to pass in the future for Sultana.