chapter 29

"Good afternoon Farida," Sultana said hugging Farida. "How are you Mrs Bashir hope you are fine? shine ko ganin ki ba ayi ba."  " I am just in one corner these days don't mind me, I delivered a cake close by so I decided to drop by where is he?"

"He is having a meeting, but he would be out soon, he has a visitor, she is inside the office."  "Okay, I'll just go in and wait,"

To her utmost surprise the person she saw seated on his chair, was Manal texting on her phone.

"Hello, Manal,"

"Oh, Sultana hi," Manal replied slyly, and she continued texting on her phone.

"Sultan did not say you were coming." 

"He did not?"
"Yes he didn't I guess it must be awkward now." "Awkward how?" Sultana asked. "Yeah, it must be awkward for you to walk in and meet a lady sitting in his office and especially on his seat."

"It is not awkward, he is your cousin, right? except if you want to read it the other way, which is then expected to be awkward, and I am not comfortable with you being around my husband these few days, Back off." Sultana said calmly.

Manal laughed. "Look at you, I just started being around him watch and see." She said hotly.

Sultana looked at her surprisedly, she sniggered. "Manal I want to know what your intentions are, and why all of a sudden you are all over Sultan, I know he is your cousin and all, and what you are doing in his office is not my problem." Sultana said in a relaxed stance.

"He is my cousin so I can see him when and where ever I want Sultana."

"You see, Manal you said it your self he is your cousin, there is a limit to everything, so take a chill pill okay, I am not asking you to stay away from your cousin."

"Sultana, if you think you have Sultan wrapped around your little finger in your little Sultana world, you are mistaken to think that Sultan is only yours."

"Whatever Manal, that is your problem. The lion does not concern its self with the matters of the sheep." "What do you mean by that Sultana?"

"What do you think it means? figure it out."

Manal rose her hand and wanted to hit Sultana but Sultan held them firmly in the air, looking deep into her eyes.

"You will not do that Manal, You won't dare, let's be civil with each other, say what you want to say without acting like an uncultured swine, be very afraid Manal, that quiet Sultana died a long time ago." Sultana warned in a low and dangerous tone.

"What the hell Sultana!! what nerve you've got?" Manal balled her hand into a fist trying to punch her stomach. Sultana realized and wrapped her hand protectively around her stomach. Manal looked at her curiously, after some seconds she said. "You are pregnant?" It was a rhetorical question. Her eyes bulged out.

Manal came forward, Sultana moved backwards. They continued like that until Sultana's back hit the wall. Manal had balled her fist ready to attack her stomach. Sultan came in. "What is going on here Sultana, what are you doing here?"

Before Sultana could talk, Manal ran toward Sultan and hugged him forcefully, she said in tears. "Sultana wanted to hit me." Sultana was shocked at Manal's deftness.

"Sultan," Sultana called his name in awe.

"What is it Sultana, what did Manal do to you?"

"She tried to hurt my baby, Sultan."

"No, Manal would do no such thing," Sultan said defensively.

"Sultan can you hear yourself, how can you say such a thing am I going to lie to you?"