Chapter 31: Ice Skating

Song: If we have each other by Alec Benjamin

*

*

*

"Some crushes just never went away. They built, instead, into something permanent, obsessive and all-consuming."

-Maya Banks

*******************************

I couldn't sleep the whole night. Tossing and turning every minute wrinkled the sheets. my heart felt heavy, my teeth were aching and the fear within me grew colder and colder. I knew why I felt like that. Maybe cause no one had made me feel like a sex toy ever before. 

Is that's how people saw me as?

Nathan's new toy. 

My throat was burning up and I knew I needed water. Maybe that will help me relax a bit. 

Getting up from my bed, I look at the wrinkled sheets in disgust. God, I hate that. I would fix it later after I get water. The floor was cold, almost made my legs shiver a little. Made me question why I was wearing shorts in January. 

Grabbing the bottle of water, I decide to go outside into the beautiful garden that was here. I have checked it out once but I realized that I needed to take my mind off of something, a place where I could clear my thoughts. Maybe that's why I couldn't sleep at all.

Opening the sliding door, a noticed a silhouette of someone. 

It was Nathan

"You couldn't sleep as well?" his head turns around. 

"Nah." he sighs

I walk towards him, the air was crisp making me shiver even more. When I reached him, I took the place beside him and brought my knees closer to my chest. 

"I'm sorry for not standing up to you. He was talking shit and I didn't eve-." 

"It's not your mistake." I interrupt him. "It's mine. 'I' shouldn't have let him say all that. I didn't stand up for myself. Like always, I always depend on others to stand up for me and that is not how I want to be." 

"Avery, you're already independent." surprised, I turn towards him. "You have been since you were a teen. After your parent's died, it wouldn't have been easy for you to move on but you did. You have handled things and have done everything you can do best alone." 

My mouth was gaped open 

"I never saw it that way." my heart was beating faster and its almost as if there were butterflies in my stomach. How could he be so sweet? 

"Well, you would've known if you had confidence but you always downgrade yourself." he chuckles. 

The moonlight highlighted his face which just made him look mystical. His child-like smile gave me an unrealistic feeling. Damn him!

"Angel?" 

"Are you always going to call me that," I rolled my eyes. "What is it?"

"Do you wanna go somewhere?"

Why do I always say yes without even thinking for a second. I should've known he was gonna bring his motorcycle out of nowhere and we would have to go in that. I should've known that I would have to wrap my arms around him but didn't wanna look desperate. And I should've known that he would wear his black leather jacket and come.