Chapter 17: Butterflies

Song: Without Me by Halsey

*

*

*

  "If you really love someone, you shouldn't be scared of losing, since real love is not having but wanting happy."   

-M.F. Moonzajer 

*******************************

I close my eyes for a second to try to calm myself down. I could feel my heart my thumping against my chest at a very fast pace. Feeling the beads of sweat forming on my forehead and sliding down as I continued to take deep long breaths like I always did.

"Are you ready, Avery Anderson," The nurse, towering over me spoke in a calming tone as she covers her mouth with a mask.

I nod. "Yes, I'm ready."

  Let's get this over with.

I think to myself.

She nods and that was the last thing I remember.

Flashback

The doctor was about to leave but my instincts told me to stop him.

So that's what I did.

"Wait. Will I be able to donate the kidney to her." I ask worriedly almost impatient running through my voice.

"We do have to take your blood test and run through some tests to see if your kidney is a match but if it yes, you can donate. Why do you ask?"

"Can we see right now if my kidney is a match, please." I almost plead to him.

"Okay but first shouldn't we inform the family members," 

"No, not right now. And it's my choice if I want to donate or not. Please, can you just do the tests to see if it is a match."

He nods. "Follow me. I'll try if we can do it now." We both get out of the room and I keep following him. For a second I took the decision at the last moment because I didn't want Nathan to feel the way I felt when I lost my parents. It just didn't sit well with me. While following him, I kept fiddling with my fingers or biting my lips because I was somehow, Nervous.

The first few tests were taken before and I was tired as hell and wanted to rest so bad. I haven't even gotten the time to sit down peacefully for once so I was almost impatient to go back to the room. Pushing the door open my eyes immediately meet with Mrs. Lightwood's. She had looked almost shocked to look at me and she had just woken up so I thought the first thing I should do is introduce myself. 

"Mrs.Lightwood, I know you don't know who I am but don't worry." I start with the most calming tone. "I'm Avery, Nathan's friend and your husband and Nathan went back home after I agreed to stay here." She was breathing hard before but now she did calm down a little and gave me a signal to come closer. 

I smiled at her and walked slowly to her. "How are you feeling right now?" I ask worriedly. "Should I call the doctor." 

She gave me a small nod so I turned around, walking to the door but it immediately opened and entered the doctor. 

"Avery, you're blood test results have just arriv-." He stopped in his mid-sentence and looked at Nathan's mom. "Oh, I see you're awake."

He walks closer to her bed and presses the bell beside the bed. "Don't worry. The nurse will arrive and check up on you." His gaze then fell on me.