Chapter 1: New Me

Song: pretty girl by Maggie Lindemann

*

*

*

"Beauty is power; a smile is its sword."

-John Ray

****************************

Stepping out of Los Angeles international airport I stop from my steps and take in a deep breath. It's been so long since I was last here and I won't be lying I am definitely nervous. It has only been a couple of years since I had left from here but it's not the same as last time. When I had left I had gone with baggage on my shoulders. I was a mess, broken and angry but now I'm in need of a fresh start. 

I was starving to start over even though what I'm leaving behind is incomplete. But sometimes you can't always get what you want. You have no choice but to move on from it.

 As I look around it is very crowded. Almost like a flock of deers in national geography but I did manage to see some people reuniting with their family I believe and some people who are happy some are lost and some are upset for I don't know what reason.

As I clear my thoughts and tighten my grip around the handle of the trolley which contains all of the suitcases not neatly kept. Really I could tell that in a few minutes all of them are gonna fall, them leaving me with more work which I'm not looking forward to. 

Great. Just freaking great.

As I started moving forward I finally see her. My beautiful best friend more likely I call my non-biological sister Lucy. She really looked like she woke up from her beauty sleep. Her angelic blonde hair which usually looks shiny and amazing was now a hot mess sitting on her head. She was wearing specs covering her ocean blue eyes and was in her black skull pajamas. 

Her sight was enough to make a smile form on my face. 

She bends down and picks up the board and holds it straight up and I see my name written on it with full caps. 

As I reached closer to her stopping from my tracks I clear my throat and her attention quickly lies on me. Her eyes quickly brighten up and she runs and clashes me with a bone-crushing hug. I laugh and waste no time to hug her back. 

 "I missed you so much." She starts. "You know how lonely it was for me not having my sister from another mister by my side." she mumbles on my shoulders. I wouldn't be surprised if she breaks down. 

"Same luce. Hey, I love you but I think I might die if you hug me so tightly." She then breaks the hug and looks at me from head to toe holding my arms. "You look so beautiful. Like no shiz a model or even JLo." I giggle as my head falls back. Guess who had five cups of coffee today.

"As much as I love the moment we are having I'm so damn sleepy." She yawns. My eyes widen.

"Lucy you know that it's 10 am right." My eyebrow cocks up in confusion. 

"I KNOW RIGHT. That's so freaking early." She exaggerates. I roll my eyes and start walking towards the parking lot acting like I know where the hell the car is parked. 

Lucy and I live together in a two bedroom apartment. Not really paying the rent because it was bought by her parents so I don't have the weight on my shoulders. 

 We were 18 when we moved to an apartment together. I stayed there for three years and left for NYC because I had an emergency. My birthday just recently passed by so I was now 22. As for my childhood, my parents died when I was 13 years old. They were murdered cold blooded and from that day I was broken.