Chapter 7: Holy Shish Kebabs

Song: Perfect to me by Anne Marie

*

*

*

"You don't choose your family. They are god's gift to you, as you are to them."

-Desmond Tutu

*********************

"Avery Lucy it's so good to see you guys again." Aunt Anna and Lily gave us a hug. 

Letting out a deep sigh, words started to escape my mouth."Same Aunt Anna." as we continued to return the gesture.

 We are right now in Anna's restaurant as they invited us here. Today morning I called Lily as she told me to come over with Lucy. It's really good to see them cause it's been a really long time. The restaurant is really pretty and looks amazing. 

Round classic elegant tables trailed down on either side of the restaurant. It looked grand with modern lights and maroon painted walls. Huge glass windows which showed the view of the streets and pillars which seemed to glow stood independently inside.

Waiters and waitresses walked around carrying food and taking orders and laughs and talks echoed around. 

Tables and chairs were filled and it seemed like a busy day since a lot of people were here. Especially businessmen and women.

After admiring the view I look towards my aunt who was smiling happily.

"So how is everything going on." Anna breaks the silence.

"Pretty good though. University is not that hard." Scratching and playing with the hem of my blouse, I started to feel very undressed here.

"It's not that hard for you because you are a nerd Avery." Lucy addressed.

Lily and Anna burst out laughing and I hit Lucy's shoulder in a friendly way. "You girls talk and enjoy. I have a lot of work today so I will go. Order anything you want and don't worry. It's of course, free for both my nieces."She winks walking off confidently with her bodycon black skirt and white shirt as her long curly hair bounced with every step.

Yes. Anna does consider Lucy as her niece.

"No n-."

"Thanks, Anna." Lucy cuts me off. Uhh, this girl. I think she is still not sober. Anna smiles at us.

"So tell me. Did you find any guys." Lily pulls lucy and my arms and takes us to a table in the corner.

Lucy wasted no time and started to talk crap."Yea she does. She's been talking to a really hot bad boy in our college." I roll my eyes.

"Really." Lily squeals clapping her hands.

Holy shish kebabs.

"Lucky you." she wiggles her eyebrows.

"Lucy talk about your little sweet Ryder too." Lucy's cheeks turn into a deep shade of red.

"There is nothing to talk about," she says breaking the eye contact.

"Oh, there is so much Luce. You know Lily our little sweet Lucy was dancing with Ryder yesterday."

"So that doesn't mean I like him." She rolls her eyes.

"It does, genius," she hits Lucy's shoulder in a friendly way.

"Come on Luce. Don't lie to us."