Chapter 2: First Day

Song: Sit still look pretty by Daya

*

*

*

"Knowledge will give you power, but character gives you respect."

-Bruce lee

*****************************

"Avery wake up its 9 in the morning."

"Hhmmm. I don't wanna." I cover my head with the comforter as I dip my face deeper on the soft pillow beneath my face. Letting out a deep sigh as I continue to groan and moan.

"Avery, come on get up." she starts shaking me and then jumps on me.  Feeling her weight on top of me was making me suffocate as my back starts to ache. My eyes shot open as my beauty sleep was already ruined. 

"Ok ok, I'm up." I verified by opening my eyes wide.

 She then gets up from top of me and sighs dusting off the imaginary dust off her hands.  "This work made me hungry." she groans. "I need some food right now. Ciao." and leaves my room. 

I get up yawning just staring at the floor for five minutes as I got up and stretch my arms above my head as my fingers were laced together. Leaving my bed is hard. 

Very hard. 

It's like the gravitational force really affects me and my bed in the morning. Walking to my attached bathroom as my feet were met with the white ceramic floor, I walk to my sink and push my hair out of my face. Looking myself in the mirror I was looking back at a homeless looking person.  

Even homeless people looked better than me. 

My eyes looked tired and were merely open. Drool on my chin and pillow marks ran down my cheeks. Hair looking like a hot mess I look down and pick up my purple brush and apply toothpaste on it neatly and start to brush rubbing the bristles against my teeth.

As I was brushing I peel off my pajamas from my skin and drop it down. Jumping inside the glass cubicle I turn on the shower as the warm water droplets fall on me and continue to slide down my skin. Washing with the cherry blossom body wash and washing my hair thoroughly I wrap myself in a towel and come out.

Not being able to see myself on the mirror as it was covered with steam I lift up my finger and continue to draw a smiley face on it and smile at my work. Looking ahead as I walk out of my washroom into my room.

 I head to my desk and blow dry and straighten my hair and then pick up my outfit.

(Without the handbag)

Settling with a dusty pink top with spaghetti strap and a white button jeans I was happy and put it on. It looked a little too much but who cares.