Chapter 12: Physics Sucks

Song: Live while we're young by One Direction

*

*

*

"It's nice to have a crush on someone. It feels like you're alive, you know?"

-Scarlett Johansson

***********************

Physics suck. Like really really sucks. Don't get me wrong I love science, in science, I love chemistry a lot and I do like bio too but, god, I hate physics from the bottom of my heart. Like man, it's just like math which is also a subject I despise. 

Lucy is a lot better now I could even say that she doesn't have a fever anymore. I didn't go to school for two days instead I stayed at home and took care of her. She will be able to come to university next week I guess. 

"What are you studying over there." Lucy breaks the silence as she enters the room. 

I turned around seeing her wrapped up in a comfy grey sweater and sweats. Her blonde hair was in a neat low ponytail with her eyes tired and bags around it. Lips were dried and were kind of cracked and she continued to sip water which had basil seeds in it from a mason jar.

She stops right beside me practically towering over me.

I didn't say anything but just showed her my book. She widened her eyes and gave a disgusted look at it

Looks like we have mutual feelings.

"Thank the lord I didn't choose science." she trembled looking like she saw a ghost.

"Not helping." I groan. "Do you need anything?" I let out a frustrated sigh by doing my work and tug all my fringes that framed my face behind my ear. 

I hate this.

"Nah, I just came to see you." 

As I gave her a full-heartedly smile, I stood up making my creased shirt straight and put my hand on her forehead. The other days it was burning hot and her eyes had been bloodshot red all along. Now the temperature had dropped down a little and she became more active.

"How are you feeling." 

"A lot better." She replies. "I am really well right now." The corners of her mouth stretched up into a faint smile and I feel a little better like a lot of weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"Go and take rest I will make you something to eat." 

"No problem. You continue to study I  will grab something to eat." She tries to walk off put I gripped on her hand shaking my head.

"I have been studying for the past two hours I think I need a break." She breaks out in a laugh as I continue to talk. "And if I even study more then I think I will definitely die."

"Thanks. Why don't we binge watch some shows." She thinks for a while. "Maybe Flash or something because I really want to see Grant Gustin abs." 

We both broke into a laugh as I walk to the living room her following me and she flops down on the couch turning on the tv.

DING

DING

I look at Lucy and shew just shrugs her shoulders. Raising my eyebrow at confusion I speak up.

"Put on the show and I'll just see who it is." her mouth stretched into a big smile and she nods vigorously. 

 I go over to the dark oak door and not bothering to look through the keyhole I unlock it and open as quickly as I could just to meet with confetti flashing in my face.