Chapter 14: Never thought I could ever be so inspirational

SONG: Consequences by Camila Cabello

*

*

*

Share your smile with the world. It is a symbol of friendship and peace.

-Christie Brinkley

****************************

"It's impossible to find who did it." He starts trying to keep it slow. "They left no clues at all. We have been working on this case for two years and still, we couldn't find who did this." He blows out a huff and looking back to the file for the last time.

"We may call it a robbery case. We couldn't find their wallets with them," he looks at me and a look of disbelief wears on his face. 

"Stop trying to hide it in the bushes. get to the point." I gush out.

He looks at me as he acts like he's upset and lets out a deep sigh which made me impatient. "I'm sorry but this case will be on hold." with saying that he just shakes his head closes his file.

"HOW!" I scream on top of my lungs. "HOW IS THIS FUCKING POSSIBLE."

 I slam my palm on the desk. My aunt's hand grips on my shoulder as I assume that she is crying.

"It might have been just two years for you but for me, it was 24 months 730 days without my parents," Screaming and shouting as I'm on the verge of breaking down. I'm sure everyone's eyes are on me but at that moment I didn't care a single ounce.

"Knowing the fact they won't be there when you become an adult, they won't be excited and celebrate when I graduate or the time when I'm deciding which college to go to. They won't see any of it. They are just gone and won't return and you are just left in this cruel world alone." I fall on my knees and start crying. Everyone is silent as I watch them bowing their heads down without speaking out a single word.

"Those bloody murderers are still out there adding another number on their killing list and taking away more lives and you," I pause taking in all the breath. "You are just gonna sit here and assume stuff and finishing and throwing that file like it was nothing."

 More and more tears fall down my face. I get light headed and my body feels numb. Dark spots try to cover my vision and I take support from my aunt and get up and trying to stay awake.

"Like they were nothing. They didn't mean anything to anyone. Not realizing the fact that they were someone's parents. The only two most important people who were meant for them. And now they are gone leaving her while those motherfucking killers are still out there and cops don't give a single fuck." My voice slows down.

They just look down and not care about anything. Aunt Anna wraps her arms around my body and tries to calm me down. I don't know what was happening to me as darkness takes over me.  I felt like a broken vase that can't be fixed again. I felt alone and like I can't be fixed again. I want to kill those who murdered my parents but now I can't. I don't think I will be able to move on.

"Avery."

"Avery."

"AVERY OREOS HAVE LEGS."

"EARTH TO AVERY."

I look around to see Nathan close to my ear screaming to death. His mouth very close to my ear which was very atrocious and insane. Moving my head slightly away from him, I groaned in anger at him as he returned to his seat and continued eating his spaghetti.