Chapter 22: Merry Christmas Mom and Dad

Song: Imagine by Ariana Grande.

*

*

*

"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree."

-Roy L. Smith.

**********************************

"Oh my fucking lord," Nathan groans, exhausted by how much I infuriated him.

But I didn't stop, I continued to jump on his back; acting like a kid on Christmas mornings. It was unreal that I woke up this early, at four in the morning and freshened up real quick just so I could wake everyone up. I even had finished straightening my hair and putting the effort into my outfit also, applying a light layer of makeup.

This was was the first time of me surveying his room and as I look around, I immediately knew that for this designing, there wasn't any involvement of him at all. 

Cause even though I didn't know Nathan for a long period, I knew it didn't represent his character. It didn't give any sign of what he is like and what are his favorites. 

It was just present...

And he just stayed in this place for a while and left; leaving this room completely empty. 

One wall was bricked were as the other three ones were whitewashed with a boring shade of gray. Small shimmering silver indentations were carved on the walls which glowed when the light hits on it. A simple and soft rug was placed right in front of the bed, on the wooden flooring in a dark shade of gray. 

Shelves were filled with books instead of games, and desks were white faceless and empty with just a few useless pens and a laptop and nothing else. The flat-screen was maybe around eight-five inches, just showed my reflection and nothing else.

Other shelves were just filled with many trophies and certificates which I couldn't read from a far distance. Even the scent in the room was nothing like him at all. There was an air freshener which gave a lavender scent but, he and his room always give the scent of sandalwood which I love.

This room wasn't even a puzzle, nor it was an empty canvas. It was as if people expected him to be something and never tried to understand what he wanted.

Like waiting for a red alluring rose to bloom in a garden but, instead find it to be a black lifeless one; and no matter what you try to turn its shade red, or even try to imagine it as one, it always remains black.

My thoughts were immediately disappeared when I started hearing his very slight snores indicating that he went back to sleep; so I immediately picked up a soft brown cushion and with all the force that was inside me right now, I started hitting his back with it. 

To my surprise, he didn't wake up. 

Crap

"Nathan, I know you're awake," I carped, wanting to strangle him to death, "It's the best time of the year. Why can't you wake up," 

"Avery, it might be the best time of the year for you but, why do wanna wake me up at six in the fucking morning."

I bit my lip in embarrassment, smiling like an idiot and trying not to snicker.

"I mean you should be thankful for this day and most of all, this Christmas," I start, completely ignoring his last sentence. 

He lifts his head a little, looking at me like a kid, as his light brown locks were messy and his light hazel eyes groggily staring at me; waiting for me to continue.