Chapter 16: What do I do

Song: Let her go by Passenger.

*

*

*

Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

***********************************

I open the door as I walk-in. Immediately the homely scent hits my face as I take a long breath. The scent I hadn't smelt for so long, which I missed. Being back here gives me all the old memories I had spent.

Taking a walk further, I notice how the dust piled on all the little things to the biggest of them. The piles of books, coffee table, video games, and the countertops all had a layer of dust over it. 

I see the pictures hanging on the wall which holds the captured special moments. One thing I have noticed is, do you know why we take pictures?

Because we want to see and remember those good memories. Never forget about them. But when something bad happens we don't want to remember about it. We want to forget that it ever happened like it ever existed but, it is stored in our brain and it lurks there until we die. Memories, good or bad, can never be forgotten. 

As thoughts continue to fill my brain, I shake my head trying to forget those special moments.

Books that my mom used to read are stacked up in the bookshelf which had dust covering it like a thin blanket. My mom was obsessed with the house being she would die if she saw the house like this.

It doesn't matter since she's not here anymore.

Below the tv stand lies all the games that my dad and I used to play including the board games. Every item which is there holds certain memories which can never be forgotten.

Dropping my school bag on the floor, I start to walk away from here as my legs continued to take me to the stairs in which I immediately know where it was leading me. 

My parents' bedroom. 

Letting out a deep sigh, I twist the doorknob and push the door open immediately feeling like I would break down any minute.

Everything around is still. Silence pierces through the air. The only noise that can be heard is the sound of footsteps which also makes minimal noise. The scent of my dad's everyday cologne and my mom's sweet flowery perfume filled in the air. Taking steps forward to their bed and slowly sat on it as it dipped down. My hands roam to every area of the fabric. 

I then lay down on the bed my face facing the other side. My fingers dig under the pillow and holding on to it with a grip. My face sinks in the pillow as I let out a deep sigh. I hate this feeling. The feeling of weakness. The feeling that I'm caged and can't escape. I just want to stay in this embrace forever. 

I want it to get over. I'm so done.

 ***********************

As the trees and people passed by me, I continued to drive which felt like a million years. Feeling really tensed, I couldn't wait when I would reach and even though I was pretty close, it felt as if the time was going by extremely slow. Drops of sweat slid down my head, even though the air conditioner was cooling my body, it couldn't cool me down mentally.

Once the hospital was in my sight, I immediately drive to the parking lot and killed the engine. Quickly running out as I slammed the door shut, I run off of to the entrance not forgetting to lock the car.