Chapter 23: The Aftermath

I updated earlier in the past week as well so make sure you've caught up with the previous chapter (Chapter 22) if you haven't already or else this one might be confusing aha :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivy Bell: 

I feel the air practically get knocked out of me.

Catalina Serrano is kissing Justin. 

I feel sick as she pulls back and cups his cheeks in her hands. She's saying something to him, but I can't hear a word. In a sense, I'm glad that I can't.

Justin's eyes are still wide in shock. Catalina is speaking to him, but he seems to be out of focus as his eyes attempt to meet mine from over her shoulder. I look away.

Marco and Beckett slip over to my side. "Ivy," Marco shakes my shoulder, forcing me to meet his eyes. "Are you okay?" His voice is low and questioning.

"F-fine," I manage to muster as Gil, Maverick and Ronny slowly approach us. They all look completely confused as they glance between Catalina and Justin then back to me. 

"Don't," Marco warns and they keep their mouths shut.

From the sidelines, I notice people murmuring with their phones out. They've obviously recognized the two extremely well known women who've made a sudden appearance tonight, one of them happening to be all over Justin in that exact moment.

Beckett pulls me aside as Ms Mallette sweeps past us to the other two. "Look who wanted to come in surprise you when she found out about the show!" Ms Mallette exclaims happily to her son.

"I don't understand," Josephine whispers as she rushes to my side with Jonah right behind her.

"I don't either..." My voice trails off. I can't help but feel embarrassed. 

You're so stupid. My conscious reprimands me as Catalina runs her perfect manicured hand through Justin's hair. He's still not looking at her, but he hasn't moved away from her touch either. 

Of course I kissed a taken guy. Of course I was foolish enough to like the one guy that has a girlfriend and of course it's no-one else, but supermodel Catalina Serrano. 

I slip my arm out from Beckett's grip, "I need to go." 

"Wait, Ivy-" Beckett tries to pull me back, but I keep shaking my head.

"No, I really need to go." I'm still shaking my head as I try to grab my purse.

Everyone is still disconcerted as they try to get me to stay, but I manage to leave the pub with Marco in tow after bidding a quick goodbye to everyone. 

You're so stupid to think he didn't have a girlfriend. Why did this never cross your mind? He was never into you, he just needed a replacement until his girlfriend got back. You kissed someone's boyfriend. The voice in my head continues to shout at me. Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Marco jogs from behind me, "Jesus, slow down, Ivy! When'd you get so fast?" He huffs as he grabs ahold of my arm and pulls me aside from the busy sidewalk.

I suddenly realize that I forgot my coat inside the pub as the cold air blows right to my exposed front. Marco sighs as he steps in front of me and gently pulls my forgotten coat from under his arm and places it around me. He then reaches to grab the ends of my coat and zips it up.

"Marco," I take in a deep breath, "was I crazy to run out of there like that?" Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe, just maybe, a small part of me says. 

"Fuck no," Marco replies sternly, "did he ever mention her?"

I shake my head and he sighs. "You're fine. Do you still want to go home?"