Chapter 10: Trapped together

Ivy Bell:

"What are you still doing here? Go get me some coffee and something low carb from the bakery." Maia demands. Savannah and Zoe snicker from nearby and I sigh, bowing my head down as I stand to do what my superior said. Let's just say, Maia was more than furious when she found out that Justin left on my watch.

The whole photoshoot had to be set back and the photographer, the stylists, and other senior designers were not pleased. It caused a total setback in the fashion studio and Maia had yelled at me, displeased with me.

"You can't just upset him! Now It's your fault that we're behind on this whole thing." She had fumed at me that day.

So that's why this week I was on errand duty. My sole purpose was to fetch the junior and senior designers coffee, run up and down the building with clothes and pieces needed and nowhere close to the photoshoot set, the conference rooms or anything slightly important.

"You'll get to do some real work when I think you're worthy again," Maia had said to me. "Now, go." She then snapped before turning away to continue talking to a junior designer who had approached her about a change in the next meeting.

"And get me a venti iced skinny hazelnut macchiato, sugar-free syrup, extra shot, light ice, extra whip, okay darling?" Savannah had laughed, flipping her hair over her shoulder. I can't believe this.

"Make that two," Zoe held up two fingers with a smirk on her face. I was trying really hard to keep my cool. I knew if I had the same attitude as Marco, I would have snapped at all of them, but I'm not like Marco. Instead, I kept my mouth shut and meekly just nodded.

The next thing Savannah did surprise me. "Hey everyone!" She shouts, "Ivy is going on a coffee run for everyone, so come down and write what you'd like her to bring back." The sandy blonde haired intern in the black Louboutin shoes waves a notepad in the air with a devious smirk on her face.

She walks over and practically shoves the notepad right into my chest. "And make it snappy, alright?" She then sashays away from me and back to her station. I just stand there while everyone comes up to write their orders.

Just stay calm, Ivy. She's only trying to make you mad. I remind myself. Savannah and her stupid games aren't worth it.

"By the way everyone, there's an important conference at 2 PM sharp and interns are allowed to come and listen. It's very important, Ms Mallette is meeting with some very important people and you guys can stay and take notes. It's very exclusive." Maia declares.

2PM? I glance down at the watch on my wrist. But that's in half an hour! "Maia," I ask in a small voice. I'm surprised I catch her attention when she turns to face me. "Do I get to come for the meeting?" I hesitantly ask.

Maia said I would only be errand duty this week so I wasn't sure if that meant I couldn't come for the meeting.

The senior designer sighed, pursing her lips as she thought for a moment. "I suppose if you make it back on time you could join us, but you better hurry." She replies and I nod my head before rushing off.

Flipping through the notepad, I noticed that there were at least 20 orders of coffees and muffins. I better hurry.

~

"Hold the elevator!" I yelled, scared that I was going to drop everything and miss the elevator. I scurry past Josephine's desk and she watches me in bewilderment as I rush past her and into the elevator with a large cart stacked with low carb muffin boxes and different coffee orders.

I make it just in time as the doors slide closed. "Thanks," My face lights up at the woman in the elevator. She just raises an eyebrow at me and walks out when she gets to her floor. Oh well, I probably look ridiculous right now.