Chapter 31: Looking Out For You

Sorry for the long wait! I've been busy with school and work, but thank you so much for the endless amount of patience and support :)

PS, I have a new JB fanfic called Tainted! 

~

Ivy Bell: 

The sun sets along the shimmering water of the beach. The blue eventually fades to shades of yellow and deep orange and slowly, the crowds begin to dispatch from the sand, packing their belongings and leaving our group on the bare grounds.

From across the pit of fire, Justin strums his acoustic guitar, chuckling to whatever Marco is telling him in a quiet tone. The sight plays with my mind, but regardless of what I think, its real. Once again, Marco seems to slowly be warming back up to Justin as a clear sign of moving on from the misunderstanding that went on between us. It brings a smile to my face.

I feel a light nudge to my side. Beckett scoots closer on the dry log and offers me an open bag of marshmallows. He pops one into his mouth before skewing another onto his roasting stick. Grinning, I grab a few from the bag and pile them onto my plate before passing the bag along the line of interns and Junior Designers.

After my first lame attempt at trying to make a roasted marshmallow, it's absolutely burnt, Beckett takes pity and shows me how to get the gooey, golden bronze perfection that he so proudly roasts. 

"Oi, Bieber, play us a campfire song!" One of the models hollers from over the burning fire.

"A campfire song?" The amusement is clear in Justin's tone as he hums thoughtfully, "I think I have just the one." 

From across the fire, my gaze lifts to find Justin. His guitar sits comfortably in his lap, his fingers lightly strumming the cords as he readjusts the instrument in his grasp. Everyone quiets down, awaiting whatever tune he's thought of.

As if he can feel my curious eyes, his head slowly lifts and a gaze so soft that is enough to melt the sugary treat without the need of any burning fire meets mine. 

His skilled fingers pick at the cords and an angelic voice surrounds us, mingling with the burning flames that keep us warm. The feeling I get in my heart is addicting and I can only hope that it lasts. 

-

I'm not quite sure how Justin ended up in my bed.

If we were being technical, I know exactly how he ended up between my sheets. Exhausted, hot and euphoric at the thought of sleep, his legs carried him right into the comfort of my mattress. 

Between the two of us, I should have more self control. The truth is, I didn't. The sight of Justin lounging back between the covers was too good to give up and the little peak of brown eyes was enough to pull me towards the sight. 

"I... I have to work." I whisper into the dark room. 

"Tomorrow." Justin grumbles into my pillow which he holds closely to his body. He reminds me of a sleepy 5 year old. 

I hesitate. As much as I'd love a good night of sleep, I felt restless. I don't think I'd be able to sleep tonight with all this energy coursing through my veins and the sight of the grouchy model in my bed doesn't help with the backflips my heart are doing.

"I'll sleep on the couch then." I decide, turning away before the calamity that radiates off the boy  in my bed becomes too strong to ignore. 

"Ivy," Justin catches my attention, "I won't do anything. I promise." 

His words are sincere and it makes it even harder to wade off the temptations of climbing into bed with him. I don't do a very good job at fighting my urges because soon enough, I'm in bed, laying a good foot away from Justin's warm body.