Chapter 6: Common ground

Ivy Bell:

Today, Jonah invited me to have lunch with him and Josephine.

His invitation took me a little off guard. Of course I accepted, but as each minute went by, I was starting to regret my decision. Josephine was always so cold towards me and from what I've seen, it seems to be her default towards anyone besides her happy going boyfriend. 

Sighing, I opened the door to the little cafe where I agreed to meet Jonah and his girlfriend when my lunch break started and scanned the place until I spotted the couple.

They were sitting at a table by the window, sipping some drinks. I slowly approached them and sent a small smile their ways. Jonah is the first to notice me and he jumps out his seat. "Hey!" He offers me his seat like the gentlemen he is. He occupies the seat next to his girlfriend and kisses her cheek tenderly, pushing back a strand of her hair.

Today, she wearing a very nice black, white and red stripped top that was tucked in nicely into her black pencil skirt with a pair of black sunglasses with red details placed up on her head, pushing back her long hair. 

Josephine looks me over with cold eyes, dismissing me as she looks at out the window with a permeant frown on her face. Okay then...

A waiter comes by and we order our food and the waiter returns soon with our food and drinks. "Looks like a lot of people from the studio decided to come here today." Jonah mumbles, his eyes fixed on the all the models and interns that had entered the cafe.

I notice Beckett and his group of model friends, Justin being apart of that crowd. Beckett's already looking at me and sends a small wave my way. 

I send a weak smile back, but it drops when I notice Savannah right between him and Justin, watching me with slitted eyes.

"I hate her," Both Josephine and I say in unison.

Both our heads snap up to look at each other, questioning if we both really just said that out loud. Jonah has a look of amusement on his face as he claps his hands together. "There we go! Finally, we've established some common ground for you two." He jokes with a grin on his face.

Josephine and I lock eyes for a second and I sigh. At least I know that there's somebody that she possibly seems to detest more than myself.

"Savannah is a snob, you'd be stupid not to take some sort of dislike towards her." She says with a pointed look, stirring her coffee with a mini wooden stirrer.  

"Justin doesn't seem to hate her." I reply, sparing a look at the table surrounded by models. Savannah was sitting extremely close next to the star model, stroking her hand up and down his bicep. Justin looks away from her and his eyes land on me for a second. I look away. 

Josephine scoffs, "That's because they like to fool around, but even he doesn't seem to be all that fond of her." Jonah nods in agreement to his girlfriend's words. 

"Everyone likes Justin though, even if he's got such a nasty attitude." 

A scoff escapes my lips. "I sure in hell do not like that guy." 

Jonah arches a brow at me from across the table. "Really? I thought all the girls would be all over him."

"The boy is a spoiled brat who doesn't even want to take part in photoshoots. Nobody ever stands up to him and that's why he thinks he runs the place." I rant in an annoyed tone, glaring down at my sandwich as if it offended me personally.

Josephine and Jonah share an amused look between each other. "You really don't know, do you?" Jonah asks, head tilting to the right as if he was humoured. 

I look at the two in confusion from the knowing looks in their eyes. "Know what?" My eyebrows furrow. 

Josephine lets out a small chuckle. "She really doesn't know. Wow." 

"Know what?" I ask again. What could I possible not know about Justin that everyone else seemed to have already been aware of.

"Justin acts like he runs the place because-" 

Suddenly my phone rings loudly, cutting Josephine off. I send an apologetic look to the couple. "I need to get this," Showing them that it was in fact Maia calling me. When I answer she tells me that I need to come back to the studio right away for a emergency. Something about the missing clothes for the next photoshoot. Sighing, I tell her I would be right there and go back to pay for my food, completely forgetting about whatever Josephine was going to say.