Chapter 19: Night at the Pig's Pen

Its been so long since I've last updated and I am so so so sorry! I took a course in July and it was so time consuming since we literally packed 5 months of assignments and lessons into a month so it was super stressful and unfortunately, I decided to take another course in the month of August so I don't think I'll have much time to update, but I will try my best!

Again, I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I want to update, but its been a little difficult to find the time to sit down and write with everything going on. 

~

Ivory Bell:

Monday and Tuesday goes by incredibly slowly. 

I look at the clock on the wall and frown when I notice it's only 2 PM. Justin's show is later on tonight and I'm excited to see him perform. I invited Jonah and Josephine as he said to invite my friends and besides Marco, they were they only friends I had around at the studio. 

I told Marco to come as well. He lied at first and said he had work, but I persuaded him to join us, telling him that Justin isn't entirely as bad he may seem to be. 

Unfortunately things at the studio have been tense. Savannah and her friends are constantly glaring at me and Zoe seems to be the only one who isn't rolling her eyes at me every time I walk into the room. Sometimes she walks past me when I'm working and compliments me on my shoes or whatever I'm working on while Savannah glares at us until we notice and she scurries away.

Ms Mallette also seems to dislike me even more than I possibly thought she could ever since the incident occurred between her and Justin. Maia doesn't seem to notice it, that or she simply does not care, but I do and I hate it. Having the woman you work for hate you isn't the best feeling in the world. I want to apologize, but I don't know how to approach her without making the situation worst in any way.

When its time to leave the studio, I can't help but feel a little giddy. I end up riding the elevator down with Zoe, Savannah and a few other interns who were leaving for the night. Zoe smiles at me sweetly however Savannah keeps a cold face. 

Sometimes I wonder about her as there are moments where she talks to me in a sickeningly sweet  voice and then other times she goes back to glaring at me. 

When I push the studio doors open, I let out a sigh of relief. There's a strong breeze blowing through the streets of streets of New York City and I find it refreshing as I've been cooped up in the studio for many long hours. 

I take the subway home and as soon as I arrive to my apartment, I get ready to take a shower. After washing up, I let my hair dry and try to decide on an outfit for tonight. 

Once I picked out my clothes, I started to style my hair. I was excited to see Justin preform tonight. Since he hasn't been coming around to the studio anymore, we started to text and call each other. It's only been a few days, but I find it strange not running into him at my internship or dealing with our usual banter. 

At the studio, Justin would text me every now and then I would reply during my breaks or whenever Maia wasn't pestering me to complete every little task she gave me. 

Last night after I got home from my internship I took the time to work on my designs when Justin texted me around 12 AM after his band practice. He wanted to know if I was awake and if I could talk over the phone. Justin called me and we ended up walking for hours about anything, really. 

Even though I woke up with major eye bags, I didn't regret staying up to talk to him. It was so strange how much I enjoyed listening to him talk. I found his voice to be soothing when he wasn't yelling or being annoying.