Chapter 11: An absurd idea

Ivy Bell: 

Its the next week and Maia seems to have finally stopped being extra strict with me. I haven't been doing a bunch of errands and I was ecstatic when she said I could sort through the clothing racks and make sure that each one had all the clothes on the correct rack before they needed to be sent off for the photoshoot happening next Thursday. 

Maia selects a few interns and they all follow behind her as she talks about whatever they are going to be doing. Probably something a lot more interesting than what I'm doing, but at least I'm not running errands! 

I couldn't help, but smile as I sorted through the racks. These clothes are so beautiful and made out of the softest, high end materials. Just being able to hold them in my hands felt like a blessing.

"Why are you so happy?" I jump from the sudden question, startled by the fact that someone was right behind me watching.

I turn to find Beckett leaning against the wall with his head titled, an amused smile on his face as he looked at me. "I've never seen someone sort through clothes with so much enthusiasm and concentration. By the way, sorry for scaring you." 

Chuckling, I shake my head at him. "It's fine. And since you're wondering, Maia seems to be cutting me some slack since I'm not going after everyone's coffee needs today. I'm actually doing something productive." I gesture a hand to the racks behind me.

"Ahh, I see," He pauses for a second, "So... I'm guessing that means you're too busy to grab lunch with me today?" 

I sigh, "Unfortunately." I suddenly notice my hunger by the sound of my stomach growling just from the mention of food. Beckett laughs, "I'll bring you something back from that Thai place."

"Oh you're too kind." I smile back at him and then he says his goodbyes before leaving for lunch.  I continue my work and before I know it, it's almost four o'clock. I've already sent down the clothes and now I was at my station, working on some sketches. 

Right now, I've decided on more of a summer in Europe theme, sketching out patterns and outfits that would match. Basically outfits people would wear when they're strolling the streets of Paris or riding a bike in Amsterdam. The clothes will all range depending on the activity and time of day. I want it to be summery to fit in with the theme of the summer fashion show, but I want to make sure my designs are unique and in style. I'm still working on my ideas so it may change. 

I'm too busy sketching, my mind in it's own world that I don't even notice Beckett approach my station until he's cleared his throat for apparently the third time.

My head snaps up and I look up at him in bewilderment. He's looking back at me with amusement clear in his eyes. "You've got amazing concentration," He comments with a little grin.

"Sorry," I answer, closing up my sketchbook. Beckett shakes his head, waving a hand to say not to worry about it as he takes a seat across from me. 

We sit together and have lunch which is great because Beckett is nice and I got to learn a little more about him. 

Apparently he's been modelling from a young age, since he was around 4 years old. He was put into it because his two older sisters were also models so his parents got him into it at a very young age and he's been doing it ever since. He was also born and raised here in New York City.

Unfortunately, my lunch is cut short by Maia who has me back on my feet and working. I don't mind as much because at least I'm being assigned to do something productive other than doing a bunch of errands.

Maia has me following her around as she paced the building, asking me to help carry or grab certain fabrics for her. We pause at the elevator where Maia talks to another Senior designer, Fariah, I believe, and I see Justin and Savannah walking to the elevator together.