Chapter 25: Gentle Touches and Unspoken Promises

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivy Bell: 

"Morning," Catalina practically sing songs as she enters the fitting room.

It's 7AM and much too early for any sane person to be this happy with such a long day ahead, but the dark haired model seems to be the exception. 

Even Savannah looks tired and worn out on this particular Tuesday morning. Her blonde hair is pulled back in a simple pony tail and she's switched out her heels for comfortable Tory Burch flats and I find myself wishing I did the same. 

The model sets down her designer Louis Vuitton bag at the dresser with a cardboard cup holder that contained 3 coffees. "For you two," She grins, holding the drinks out to both Savannah and I.

"Us?" Savannah sounds wearisome as she skeptically eyes the beverages. 

I lightly elbow her in the ribs. "Ow!" She hisses, but Catalina doesn't pay mind as I hesitantly take one of the drinks with a thanks.

After yesterdays events with the jacket mixup, Catalina had to leave in a rush for another work emergency which Maia quickly dismissed. Savannah and I were both relieved from our duties which gave me the chance to work on my own line for the fashion show. 

The date is slowly, but surely looming over us so every single spare second I have doesn't go to waste. 

My new pieces are coming along quite well and even though finding models was a little difficult due to my lack of connections in the industry, I managed to find some great people to walk in my clothes. 

Taking a sip of the cup, I allow myself to relish in the warmth of the coffee. Catalina holds up a little paper bag, "Sugar and cream." 

Savannah finally gives in and grabs a coffee creamer for her cup while I settle my things down to deal with the pieces that Catalina would be trying.

The dark haired girl settles into a cushioned seat by the vanity and sips on her drink. She's dressed in a black mini skirt, flaunting her tan and slender legs, and a fitted, cropped camisole paired up with shiny, black heeled boots. Her designer sunglasses rest on the top of her head as she scrolls through her phone. 

When her green eyes glance up from the screen and catch me staring, she smiles and I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. 

As much as I want to avoid this girl, there's no way I can. She's also too kind for her own good. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The longer I look at it her, the more I'm reminded of Justin. 

I can feel my insides churning at the thought of his deep brown eyes and the cute smile that he never shares with the camera. My heart clenches tightly and I have to mentally stop myself from picture his charming grin before I send myself over.

Move on, Ivy

Savannah finally has Catalina stand by the full length mirror as she takes her measurement and I get each of the pieces ready for her to try on. 

The coffee seems to slowly have an effect on me as I find the cogs in brain finally start to turn. Savannah and I work quickly, but quietly so Catalina does most of the talking. 

In the middle of Catalina's story about her very first trip to Dubai last spring, her phone sounds loudly from its place on the vanity. 

"Do you mind checking who it is?" 

Nodding, I go to the phone and freeze when I see Justin's picture lighting up the screen. 

It's a nice picture, one that shows off his side profile, prominently show casing his sculpted jaw as he peers off ahead of him. From the picture, I can see that he's dressed up in a tux so they must have been at some sort of event.