Chapter thirteen.

‘Are you sure you’re okay Ash?’ Luke asked for the fourth time in ten minutes. 

Ashton gave him a glare before grabbing a bottle of water ‘I’m fine.’

We came back to the dressing room fifteen minutes ago and the boys shot a lot of questions towards Ash. They already finished the sound check without him and we were about to go back to the hotel. Of course everyone could see Ash had cried, his eyes were still red and puffy and his smile was nowhere to be seen. I knew the other boys were worried about their friend and I also knew Ash saw it too but he didn’t explain anything to them. I guessed he was afraid management would get mad, he already freaked out because I knew. He thought they might send me back to Australia.

‘Ali?’ I looked up and saw Solange and Lizzy standing in front of me with small smiles on their faces. 

Solange handed me her phone ‘Here, put your number in it so you can call or text us when you need someone. Or for when you and Rowan want to hang out of course, it can be boring sometimes if the boys are gone. We’re in the same hotel so we can be in your room within 5 minutes,’ she said with a grin. 

I nodded and gave them my phone so we could exchange numbers ‘Thanks girls.’ 

I hugged both of them and waved at them when they walked away with their boyfriends. 

‘You ready to go?’ Ashton asked.

‘Yeah, were are the others?’

‘Mikey and Cal are already in the car and I have no idea where Luke and Rowan are.’ 

I wiggled my eyebrows ‘That probably means that they’re somewhere together.’ 

He let out a small laugh as he grabbed my hand and dragged me with him towards the exit ‘Probably.’ 

‘Hey Ash?’ 

‘Yeah?’ He stopped walking for a second so he could look at me. 

‘Cheer up a bit please, I hate to see you like this,’ I said softly. 

He nodded and showed me one of his famous smiles ‘I’m trying Ali and I already feel much better than this morning, all thanks to you.’ 

We started walking again ‘Do you know who it is?’ 

‘Who I have to date you mean?’ 

I nodded ‘Yeah..’ 

‘Some stupid model that wants to get famous, I still don’t understand why they want me to date her,’ he growled.

I bit my lip ‘They didn’t tell you why? It wasn’t because they think you and I are to close?’ 

He raised his eyebrows ‘They told me it was mainly for the girl but yeah they also said something about us. A lot of people think we’re dating or they want us to date and management doesn’t really like that idea I guess.. But I don’t get why making me date some stupid girl will help them cause that will not make me less close with you.’

I smiled ‘Whatever the reason is, it’s stupid, they’re stupid!’ 

When we walked towards the parking lot I saw a girl standing with Michael and Calum. She was smiling and chatting with them and I must say she was  really pretty. 

‘Who’s that?’ I asked Ash as we kept walking closer to the three.

He shrugged ‘I don’t know, maybe some fan or maybe it’s the girl Calum talked about yesterday. 

‘Hey!’ I greeted the girl when we were close enough.

She smiled and looked over to Ashton ‘You must be Ashton Irwin, my name is Isabel. I don’t know if management told you yet but I’m the girl you’re dating for the next couple of weeks.’ 

Oh. 

Michael and Calum were just as shocked as me and Ash were. Their yaws hang wide open and they stared at Isabel with big eyes.

‘What.. You’re dating Ash? Why?’ Calum asked confused. 

Isabel smiled and looked at mine and Ash hands, our fingers were still locked and I stood very close to him. I expected her to give us a mean glare or something but she didn’t. 

‘Because my manager wanted me to get some publicity and because you’re management wanted to show the world that Alison and Ashton are not dating. I can see why, you two really look like a cute couple but what I don’t get is why you two aren’t dating. I would agree with the fans, Alishton is cute and you guys are perfect for each other. Why would your management want me to date Ash?’

I stared at her with open mouth, I did not expect this. 

‘W-what?’ 

She giggled ‘I don’t agree with how management handles things, you guys should be able to date who you like. Who cares if she’s not famous and I know the fans like you Alison,’ she winked. 

‘But.. Okay I’m really confused, are you saying Ashton and I should date?’

She grinned ‘Yes, unless you’re telling me that you don’t like each other?’ 

Michael chuckled and Calum also laughed ‘Oh they do, they just don’t know it yet but that will change soon, trust me, everyone can see it,’ Cal said. 

I sighed ‘Why does everyone keeps saying that?’ 

‘Because we’re not blind?’ Michael said as he opened the car door. 

Isabel bit her lip ‘I’m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I just thought.. well I saw you guys together and-‘

I stopped her ‘It’s okay, it’s just.. I don’t know, everyone keeps saying things like that and my feelings are also great at messing with my head. But Ash and I have always been this close and believe me when I say that you’re not the only one who thinks we’re dating. Well actually you know that, otherwise you wouldn’t be here..’ I chuckled. 

She smiled ‘Okay well, just so you know I’m not here to steal him away from you. I’m just doing what I was told and if you two ever decide that you do like each other while Ash and I are still ‘dating’ then you should know that I won’t stop you. And now  I really have to go, I just wanted to meet you guys. See you later!’ Isabel waved before leaving us all confused by the car. 

‘What just happened?’ 

All three the boys shook their heads but they did have small smiles on their faces. I was glad that Isabel wasn’t a bitch, she seemed nice. When we got in the car I suddenly realized that Ashton didn’t say a thing to the girl. 

‘Are you okay?’ I asked my best friend when he looked out of the window with a frown on his forehead.

Before he could answer, Calum turned around in his seat ‘Hey Ash, why didn’t you tell us about Isabel?’ he asked. 

He shrugged ‘They told me I couldn’t tell you.’

Michael also turned around ‘Was that why you were so upset?'

Ashton bit his lip ‘Err yeah but that was not everything, there’s just a lot going on in my head right now and when they told me I had to date her it just all got too much.’

The rest of the car ride was kind of silent and awkward and I was glad when we arrived at the hotel again. Michael and Calum went to their own room to game and Ashton said he wanted to come with me. When we stepped into mine and Rowan’s room I could feel some tension between us and I didn’t really know what it meant. What I did know was that Ashton was standing really close to me and that his eyes were focused on me. 

‘Something’s different Ali, ever since I left you last time everything feels different.’ 

I looked up at him and for the first time in my life I felt butterflies in my stomach when I looked in his eyes. 

‘I know.’ 

--

Alishton is coming!! I hope you all like it (: xx