Chapter five.

We stayed at Ash’s house for almost two hours, just talking about everything and nothing with his mom and siblings. 

‘Do you guys want to come with us to the beach?’ I asked Harry and Lauren when we were about to leave to meet the others.

They both smiled but shook their heads ‘We already promised Jack and Lilly that we would come with them to the pool,’ Lauren said.

‘Okay, some other time then!’

We said goodbye and walked back to my house where Luke and Michael were already waiting for us. I quickly changed in my bikini, put on a nice summer dress and grabbed a towel. Just when I was about to walk downstairs Rowan and Mali came barking into my room. Rowan’s face was red and Mali was laughing so hard she could hardly stand on her feet. 

‘Omygod Ali, you’re never going to believe what happened,’ Mali laughed.

Rowan smacked her on her arm and her cheeks became even redder. I was becoming very curious now but I had an Idea it had something to do with Luke. She had a big crush on the blond boy and it took me ages to let her admit that. 

‘Well.. Luke sort of knows that I like him,’ she groaned and let herself fall on my bed.  

I giggled ‘Ogod, how did he find out?’ 

Rowan groaned again and Mali laughed.

‘We thought no one was home so I asked her if she still liked Luke and the she started rambling about how perfect he was. And well you can probably guess the rest..’ Mali said. 

‘He heard everything?’ 

Mali nodded ‘He and Ashton were in the Kitchen.’ 

Rowan groaned for the third time and took her head in her hands ‘I’m so embarrassed.’

I sat next to her ‘Don’t be love, I think it’s cute and he’ll probably think the same.’ 

‘Oh he does,’ Mali chuckled. ‘When we walked into the kitchen he stared at her for a few seconds and then he started smiling and said it was the cutest thing he ever heard a girl say about him.’ 

‘Yeah and then I got scared, tried to run and of course I fell right on my butt,’ Rowan whispered, still embarrassed. 

I giggled ‘Did he help you up?’ 

‘No, he wanted to but I ran before he could..’’

‘Row, did you ever think of the possibility that he likes you too?’

She looked at me with wide eyes ‘Of course I did, I even dreamed about it. But I don’t think he sees me that way.’ 

‘I wouldn’t be so sure,’ Mali said while sitting at Rowan her other side. 

‘I could talk to him if you like?’ 

She shook her head ‘No, please don’t!’

I was about to calm her down when Ashton knocked on my door ‘Are you guys coming?’ 

I looked at Rowan ‘Do you still want to go?' 

She nodded ‘I may be embarrassed but I’m not a coward. I can’t hide from him forever anyways.’ 

I smiled proudly at her ‘That’s my girl, now let’s go to the beach!’ 

The three of us got up from my bed, I grabbed my bag and sunglasses and followed the rest downstairs. Ashton was waiting for me down the stairs.

‘You know, I think Luke likes Rowan too,’ he whispered to me when we walked towards my car. 

I smiled ‘Well we know what we’ve got to do then.’ 

We went with two cars. Calum, Luke and Mali were in Mali’s car and Ashton, Michael, Rowan and me went with my car. It was a really sunny and hot day and I couldn’t wait to dive into the sea. I turned on the radio and soon me and Rowan were singing along to last night from The Vamps. The boys looked at us with funny faces, Row and I couldn’t really sing but we always got really into it and most of the time we ended up laughing. 

‘You guys are terrible,’ Michael giggled. 

I parked the car in one of the empty spots close to the beach ‘Let’s go swimming!’ I yelled happily before jumping out of the car. 

We grabbed all our stuff and started walking towards the sea, looking for a good spot to spend the rest of the day. When we found one, I took my towel out of my bag and layed it down in the sand. I pulled my dress over my head and dropped my sunglasses in my bag. When I looked up I saw that the girls were also standing in their bikini’s while the boys were being boys and stared at us. I rolled my eyes and slapped Mike his arm. 

‘Stop staring, it’s rude,’ I grinned when he rubbed his arm.

‘I can’t help it, you girls just look hot okay?!’ he smirked.

‘Hey!’ Calum and Ash said at the same time.

‘Don’t talk about my sister like that, you know the rules,’ Cal groaned.

Ash didn’t say anything but the look on his face said enough. He didn’t like what Mikey said and it confused me, I know he said to his friends I was off limits but he was just staring at me like he never did before. 

‘I kind of agree with Mikey though, when did you get so hot?’ Luke said with a small smirk. 

Ashton gave him a deadly glare. I just rolled my eyes again and started walking towards the water. 

‘What the hell was that about?’ Mali whispered while following me.

I shrugged and looked at Rowan who’s cheek were red again. I chuckled, Luke sort of admitted that we were hot, which meant he found her hot too. 

‘Oh shut up,’ she said when she saw me looking at her.

I was about to take a sprint to the sea when two arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me up. I heard a giggle and I immediately knew it was Ashton, he threw me over his shoulder and walked towards the water. 

‘What are you doing?’ I laughed. 

I heard Mali scream and Ash turned his body around so I could see both of my friends now. 

Michael had also thrown her over his shoulders and followed Ash into the sea, ignoring Calum his annoyed look. He didn’t like it when the boys touched his sister. Luke was standing in front of Rowan and I saw he hesitated if he was making the right choice to do the same to her.

‘Just do it Hemmings!’ Michael yelled to Luke.

Rowan shook her head and started to walk backwards.

‘Don’t you dare Lukeyboy!’ 

For one moment I thought he would give up but then he smirked and grabbed her by the waist. I giggled and petted Ash on his back. 

‘Okay Irwin, even though I like hanging upside down on your shoulders, you can drop me now.’ 

And with that he dropped me into the cold water. 

--

I actually really like this chapter, I hope you guys like it too (: