Chapter seven.

Later that day when we got home, we all decided to order pizza. 

‘I’m so hungry,’ Michael groaned. 

He layed on one of the couches in my living room. His head was in Luke’s lap and his legs were draped over the armrest because the couch was too small for his long body. Cal, Mali and Rowan sat on the other couch while Ash and I were sitting on the ground. We had grabbed all the pillows we could find and it was actually comfy. I really missed moments like this, just talking, laughing, eating and watching movies. The boys were telling us stories from their tour and every few seconds we would burst into laughter. 

Rowan giggled ‘You guys are crazy!’

The bell rang and Michael immediately jumped of the couch ‘PIZZA!’ he yelled. 

A few moments later he came back with six boxes in his hand. The delicious smell of pizza hit my nose and my stomach reacted by making some loud noises. 

Ashton grinned ‘Hungry Ali?’

I blushed and nodded ‘Very.’ 

He grabbed a box from the table and put it down between us, As hungry lions we attacked and for a while it was silent in my small living room. 

‘That, Was. Delicious.’ Luke sighed when we finished all the pizza’s. 

‘I agree, I’m so full that I’m afraid I’m going to explode,’ Mali groaned while rubbing her belly.

‘Shall we watch a movie?’ 

‘Horror!’ screamed both Calum and Luke. 

Rowan and I looked at the boys with wide eyes. We were the only ones here who hated scary movies. Ash chuckled when he saw the look on my face and he wrapped his arms around me.

‘Aw don’t worry Ali, you know I’ll protect you.’ He said. 

‘He! What about me?’ Rowan pouted, 

Michael laughed and pointed to Luke ‘You have Lukeyboy, I’m sure he would love to protect you from all the big bad monsters that will come and get you after we’ve seen the movie.’ 

‘Michael stop it,’ she whined. 

Luke grinned and made his way over to the couch were Rowan sat on. He pulled Cal off the couch and sat next to my best friend, whose face was bright red again. . 

‘Mikey’s right, I’ll protect you,’ he said while he cheekily laughed at her. 

Rowan smiled shyly but leaned into him when he opened his arms for her. I winked to my best friend and gave her a thumbs up. 

Calum started the movie ‘Ready girls?’ he grinned. 

I didn’t answer and buried my face in Ashton’s arm. I really hated horror movies, most of the time they gave me nightmares. Ash his right arm moved to my back and slowly he started drawing circles with his fingertips. I closed my eyes and focused on his touch, trying to ignore all the sounds around me. For a while it worked, I shot out everything but Rowan’s scream went straight to my invisible wall. My eyes opened immediately and alarmed I sat up. 

Ashton chuckled ‘Nothing to worry about Ali, it’s just the movie.’ 

My eyes searched the room for Rowan, she almost sat in Luke. Her face was buried in the crook of his neck and she sat sideways on his lap with Luke’s arms around her waist. His chin leaned on her shoulder and they really looked like a cute couple. I giggled and leaned back into Ash. I looked up to him only to find him already staring at me. He smiled but he had a sad look in his eyes. His green eyes always seemed to get darker when he was sad, mad or upset. When he was happy his eyes were a light colour of green and they would sparkle. I loved his happy eyes.  

‘Are you okay?’ I whispered. 

He bit his lip and slowly shook his head ‘Not really, I don’t want to leave you again Ali,’ he said and his voice cracked while he did his best not to cry.

I knew I wasn’t the only one who had a hard time but I rarely saw Ashton break down. He was the strongest out of us two and to see him like this broke my heart. I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers. 

‘Come, let’s go upstairs so we can talk.’ 

The other gave us a worried look but they didn’t say anything when Ash followed me to my room. We sat on my bed, our fingers still intertwined. 

‘I don’t know if I can do this again Ali,’ Ash said softly as his grip on my hand tightened. 

I looked into his green eyes again and sighed. 

‘I don’t think I can either, but we have no choice Ash. You have a tour to finish and the boys are counting on you, this is your dream and as much as I want you here with me you have to chase your dream. Believe me when I say that this is only the beginning and that you guys are going to make it. Your fans are growing with the day and the world is just getting to know 5 Seconds Of Summer.’

He smiled slightly  ‘I know, I just want to chase my dream with my best friend by my side. Without you I wouldn’t be in this band and I need you with me. I’m miserable without you Ali, I don’t know how or why but when you’re not with me I feel empty, like some part of me is missing.’ 

His words almost made my cry ‘I feel the same Ash, and I don’t even think it’s weird that we’re feeling this way. We practically lived together since we met, we saw each other every day and since mom died we got even closer. Sometimes it’s like you’re my other half.’ 

Ashton nodded and giggled softly ‘Almost like soulmates.’ 

He looked at me for a few seconds before he started talking again. ‘I don’t know what I would do without you Ali. I can’t even survive a few weeks without you without getting depressed, sad and lonely even though my other best friends are right there.’ 

I sighed and let my head rest on his shoulder ‘I know the feeling Ash.’ 

‘What are we going to do about it?’ 

‘When are you guys leaving?’

Ashton was silent for a few seconds before he whispered really softly ‘That wasn’t the question.’ 

‘God damnit Ashton, just tell me!’ 

When he didn’t answer me I climbed in his lap, placed my hands on his cheeks and forced him to look at me. I was scared for his answer bit I needed to know. 

‘Ash, tell me.’ 

Hit bit his lip and closed his eyes before he said that one word I didn’t want to hear. 

‘Tomorrow.’

--

This chapter is dedicated to my lovely friend Shay who inspired me to write this story and who became a good friend in such a short time (: Love u! 
I hope you all like this chapter! xx