Chapter eight.

‘Tomorrow? You’re not serious are you? Please say you’re joking, you can’t leave so soon.’ I begged as I slowly started to panic. 

Ashton looked at me with pain in his eyes ‘I’m sorry Ali, but it was this or nothing and I had to see you.’ 

I felt my eyes water and my lip started to tremble, all my emotions from this day had to come out now. As soon as I started crying Ashton wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to his body. It didn’t last long before  his shoulders started shaking and I felt his hot tears in my neck. 

‘I’m so sorry Ali,’ he kept whispering over and over again. 

We sat in each other’s arms for at least an hour. We stopped crying a while ago but I just couldn’t let him go. My legs were wrapped around his waist and both my hands held onto his shirt while my face was buried in the crook of his neck. I never said anything after we started crying but if was fine, we didn’t need words to understand each other. Like he did with the movie, Ash had started drawing circles on my back again, he knew it calmed me down. I sniffed, my eyes burned from crying and my throat was dry. 

Ashton’s voice broke the silence ‘What now?’ 

I sighed and immediately felt him shiver from my breath on his skin. 

‘I really don’t know, we have to find a way to survive the tour.’ 

It probably sounded stupid because we were not going to die but it definitely felt like that sometimes. 

‘You can come with me.’ 

My eyes widened and I leaned back so I could look into his eyes. There was a little bit of hope in his green eyes but we both knew it wasn’t that easy. Ash already tried to take me with him when they started to tour but the crew and management didn’t like the idea. 

‘They wouldn’t let me, I’m a distraction.. And by the way what about my finals? God damnit I seriously had hope for a few seconds but we know I can’t come with you and there’s no way you can stay here. We have to find another way!’ 

Ashton shook his head ‘There is no other way Ali, there just isn’t.’ 

New tears started to fall down my cheeks ‘I hate this, I freaking hate this.’ 

His big hand cupped my face as he whipped my tears away with his thumbs ‘I want you to come with me and I’m going to do everything I can to make that happen.’ 

A knock on my door made me jump ‘Yeah?’ 

My door slowly opened and all of our friends walked into my room ‘Sorry to disturb you guys but we already waited one and a half hours and we wanted to know if you guys were okay,’ Rowan said. 

I smiled at her ‘That’s sweet, we’re okay I guess..’ 

Mali coughed and pointed at my face ‘You don’t look okay missy, and you don’t have to pretend you are cause we understand why you’re not.’ 

I almost started crying again, Ashton hands moved to my back again as he continued drawing patrons.  He kissed the side of my head ‘I just said to Ali she should come with us.’ 

Michael eyes lit up and the other boys also smiled ‘We were actually thinking the same thing.’ 

Before I could even say anything, Luke started talking ‘And because we knew you guys would both agree with us, we called our management. They didn’t like it at first but everyone saw how it affected Ashton the last few week so they said they would think about it. They can call us back any moment.’ 

He hadn’t closed his mouth yet or his phone started ringing. Ogod. 

‘Hello?’ 

All eyes were on Luke and I held in my breath, grabbing Ash his hand in mine. Luke was silent for a while, he just listened and nodded a few times. But then a smile appeard on his face and his blue eyes began to sparkle.

‘Really? Are you serious?’ Luke said into his phone while keeping his eyes on Ash and me. 

I was just about to ask Luke what the person at the other end of the line had said, of course we all had the idea that it wasn’t a no but you never knew, when he said something again. 

‘Anything, we’ll do anything just tell me what it is.’ 

His smile grew even bigger and his eyes wandered off to Rowan. 

‘I’m sure everyone will agree to that, what else?’ 

He nodded a few times ‘Okay, we can live with that. Thank you so much, we’re all very great full you took it into consideration and we’ll see you soon. Yes. Yes. Bye.’

Luke ended the call and looked around the room, everyone was holding in their breath and looked at him with big eyes, waiting for him to say something. 

‘Ready guys?’ he grinned, teasing us. 

Michael growled ‘Just tell us what they said Hemmings.’ 

Luke laughed and threw his fist in the air ‘ALI IS COMING ON TOUR WITH US!’ He yelled. 

I squealed, jumped off Ash’s lap and ran straight in Luke’s arms. Tears of happiness where covering my cheeks as I kept saying ‘Thank you’ to the blond boy. Soon a lot of arms joined us for a group hug. I didn’t expect management to give in so easily but I guess Luke’s story made them see how much Ash and I needed each other. As soon as I let go of Luke I was in Ashton’s arms again, crying, but this time it was out of happiness. 

‘I’m so happy Ali,’ he whispered with tears in his eyes. 

I couldn’t believe this, an hour ago we were both crying because we thought we had to miss each other again and now we’re crying because I could come with him. I made a mental note to myself to thank the person who made this decision. 

‘They have a few conditions for us though,’ Luke said when everyone calmed down a bit. 

My eyes scanned the room, only to see all my friends smiling like idiots. I was a bit worried about Rowan though, she had a big grin on her face but here eyes looked sad. I knew she was happy for us but I also knew she was sad I would leave her alone in Australia. Luke saw it too and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. 

‘One of them is that you take Rowan with you so you won’t be alone if we have interviews and stuff.’ 

Both Rowan and I looked at him wide eyes full of excitement ‘Are you for real?’ I asked happily. 

Luke nodded and wiped away Rowan’s happy tears while Michael giggled ‘Was that their condition or yours?’ 

Luke blushed ‘I might have put the idea in their head.’ 

Rowan threw her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly ‘Thank you Lukey.’

--

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! <3 xx