47

Trigger warning: Nudity, sex mention, emotional abuse/manipulation mention, self-destructive tendencies mention , suicidal thoughts mention

A/N: This chapter is very emotional just be warned and have your tissues ready. Soft tissues with aloe vera, not the  rough ones that turn your nose all red and irritated.

John decided that he would go to New York a week before the fall semester started.

He’d told his parents he wanted to explore the city and get settled in before school started.

In reality, he'd just wanted more free time to spend with Alex.

John stopped in the doorway of his house, holding his last suitcase in his arms.

“I'm going to miss you guys so much.” He said to his mother and father who were standing in front of him with tears in their eyes.

“Stay safe, Jacky. New York City is a dangerous place.” His father said.

“Make sure to call us every week, no matter how busy you are.”

John's parents hugged him.

“We're so proud of you, John.”

“I love you, mom and dad.”

“We love you too, Jacky.”

John was ecstatic.

This was really happening.

He was moving to New York to be with Alexander Hamilton, his boyfriend.

John could barely believe it.

He felt like he was living in a fairy tail, like he was living in a blissful beautiful dream and never wanted to wake up.

He called Alex on the way up to New York. On speaker phone, of course. Don't talk on the phone and drive, kids. Be safe.

“I’m on my way.” John said. “I’m coming to New York! I'll be there in a few hours.”

“I can't believe this.” Alex said. “This is so fucking perfect.”

“I’m so happy.”

“I guess you could say you're helpless.”

“Boy you got me helpless. Look into your eyes and the sky’s the limit I'm helpless. Down for the count and I'm drownin’ in em.”

“I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight we were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night, laughin’ at my sister as she's dazzling the room, you walked in and my heart went BOOM.”

“Tryna catch your eye from the side of the ballroom, everybody's dancin’ and the band's top volume grind to the rhythm as we wine and dine grab my sister and whisper ‘yo,this one's mine.’”

“Oooh, my sister makes her way across the room to you, I get nervous thinkin’ what's she gonna do? She takes you by the arm I'm thinking I'm through. You look back at me and suddenly I'm helpless.”

“Oh look at those eyes. Look into your eyes and the sky's the limit I'm helpless. Down for the count and I’m drownin’ in em. I’m so into you. I am so into you I'm helpless. Down for count and I'm drownin’ in em!”

Singing Helpless with his boyfriend and crying tears of joy because the song no longer represented something he longed for but didn’t have and most likely never would, but something real and magical and wonderful that he did have because he was in love and it was wonderful.