8

A/N: this of hurt to write but enjoy some Lams fluff.

It was late at night, and Alexander Hamilton couldn't sleep. 

He'd finished writing his debate for Professor Washington, written his essay for his literature class, taken a shower, and started studying for an upcoming exam. 

After all that, he'd been exhausted. And yet he still was unable to fall asleep. 

His body might have exhausted, but his mind was wide awake. 

There was one thing in particular- well, one person in particular- who he couldn't seem to get off his mind. 

John Laurens. 

It was as though that boy had taken leave of his senses, a burgular stealing his mind and heart, locking them away until it was impossible for Alex to think of anyone or anything but the southern boy who loved turtles. 

Alex was unsure of how he felt about the boy. He could not deny the way his heartrate sped up with he got a text from John, the way his cheeks seemed to flush when John mentioned something about loving Alexander Hamilton. 

He had only the vaguest notion what John looked like from his Instagram (John mainly posted photos of his turtle and all of the pictures he was tagged in seemed to be of an incredibly attractive Frenchman whose full name was too long to fit in his bio), but Alex didn't care. He loved John for John, his appearance did not matter. 

Alex shook his head. He didn't love John, he couldn't love John. He couldn't love someone he'd never met.

Besides, he could never actually be with John. That would require revealing his identity. If John found out that he was the Alexander Hamilton, he would be furious with him for lying to him about who he was.

Once again, Alex remembered why he'd made this secret account: to escape his reputation. If John knew who he was, he wouldn't treat him the same. He would treat him like the famous Alexander Hamilton, not a nervous seventeen year old lying about his age for work opportunities. Alex didn't want to be treated like a celebrity. He wanted to be treated like a person.

Alex laid back in bed with his phone. He saw the notification from John and his heart went boom.

John_Laurens: A, are you awake?

AnotherScottishTragedy: This is me we're talking about. Of course I'm awake.

Alex felt a goofy smile spread across his face as he read John's message. Gosh, he was so cute.

John_Laurens: Right. Silly me. Why did I even bother asking?

John_Laurens: I can't sleep.

AnotherScottishTragedy: Neither can I.

John_Laurens: What's keeping you awake?

Thoughts of you that will not cease no matter how intoxicated I am.

Alex shook his head. Okay, calm it down, Edgelord.

AnotherScottishTragedy: I don't really know. My body is tired but my mind is wide awake. You?

John_Laurens: I don't know either. I'm just not feeling very well I guess.

AnotherScottishTragedy: What's wrong?