♧Part 10♧

AN:  I have decided to make one more Abraxas related chapter since felaxas is my guilty pleasure ship. After this Abraxas won't be in the spotlight for a while.

Day 2

F r i d a y D e c e m b e r 4th 1942

7:20pm

Planning a date was surprisingly easy. I told him to dress formal this morning, he seemed surprised.

I didn't have much money and Abraxas was a man with expensive taste. So I considered myself very lucky that Jenny's parents owned a night club. One that only the most elite wizards and witches had access to. Jenny got me tickets to the dinner show that happened to be that night. 

The only problem I still had was that my closet didn't really contain anything proper for a high class night club. Lucky for me, Anastasiah had lots of dresses fit for it since her family was quite rich. There were a few ones that I considered too overdressing but it was the 6th time she appeared from her closet holding yet another dress she deemed 'perfect for me', I looked up suppressing a yawn. I raised my eyebrows in pleasant surprise when I saw the beautiful dress Anastasiah was holding. "I do like this one." I said, trying  not to be too exited. She smiled and handed it to me.

"Try it on." 

...

I walked out of our bathroom in the white dress. I stood in front of the mirror trying to forget about the fact that this is absolutely the most expensive thing I had ever worn. I folded the waistband once more and studied the details of the dress. The skirt fell naturally past my hips but that was only because it was such smooth fabric  because the skirt was wide enough for me to worry about even the tiniest gush of wind. The waistband was the same fabric as the dress and wrapped around my waist ending in a delicate bow on my back. The top of the dress was loose and had quite the scandalous halter design but still managed to look elegant. (AN: If you can't get a picture of the dress in your head just think of the famous Marilyn Monroe dress, you know the white one from the street fan picture. It's basically the same dress.)

"I think we found your dress." Anastasiah said as she waved her wand around, casting a spell that pulled my curls into an elegant messy bun. She pulled me away from the mirror and towards her dresser.

A few moments later I was back in front of the mirror. This time I was wearing diamond earrings A white gold necklace and a pair of strappy white heels.

I thanked Anastasiah and just after I did, Jenny entered the room saying Abraxas was waiting for me in the common room. She had this swooning wide smile on her lips. I didn't ask her about it, assuming it was just another one of her 2 day boyfriends. I thanked her and walked down the corridor towards the common room. When I entered I spotted Abraxas sitting on the couch, His back facing me. There were a few other students in there, but most of our housemates were outside making the most out of the start of their weekend.

I walked over to him and placed my hands on his shoulders. Abraxas had played Quidditch most of his school years. He was a beater I reckon. However he stopped playing this year, I believe the reason behind it is to focus on Tom Riddle's cause. When I laid my hands on his shoulders however, I could still feel that he never stopped training. Even through the slick fabric of his expensive tailored blazer. "You ready?" I asked.

He was clearly startled  by me as he winced and immediately turned his head around. When he saw it was just me he smiled and stood up from the couch. "You don't like being on time, do you?" He asked as he turned around and got a look at me. He stared for a few seconds scanning me with a pleasantly surprised look on his face before he looked at my eyes again "You look angelic."

I've never heard anyone say that before, yet it's one of the most beautiful compliments I've ever received. Rather than something dull like 'you look nice' or 'you're beautiful' things that everyone has heard, things that someone would feel obliged to say when going on a first date. 'angelic' is something that he came up with himself, an opinion rather than a standard phrase.

I smiled and thanked him before apologizing for being late. "I'm late for everything, I'll probably be late for our wedding too." I giggled.

He grinned and offered me his arm. I took it and started walking towards the exit of the common room. "Lead the way" is what he had said. 

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

The moment we stepped into the club I was hit with the strong smell of whiskey and gin. The lighting which was dim and anbient added a certain tastefulness to the setting. Looking around I noticed all the people dressed head to toe in expensive clothing and jewelry, even when I was wearing clothes of Anastasiah's I couldn't match up to this standard of luxury. I received looks as if they could smell the poverty on me, but of course they couldn't and it was all in my head. I looked at Abraxas who seemed to be in his element. A relaxed smile rested on his lips. It took no more than 5 seconds for the maitre d' to show up and ask us for our names. Knowing how unusual it was for a woman to answer such questions I waited for Abraxas to say something. He soon realized and with a smile on his face told the waiter my last name.

He looked at the guest list and with raised eyebrows back at us, scanning me. 

"Are you sure?'' he asked doubtful 

"Why wouldn't he be?" I spoke up.

The man shook his head and pointed at the list. "Personal guests of Miss Taylor. We were expecting someone else." He shook his head again. 

"I'm sorry, follow me please" he said and led us to a table in front of the stage with a gold plaited sighn resting on it deeming it 'reserved'.

After Abraxas pulled out one of the chairs for me and we both ordered drinks, a comfortable silence settled itself upon us as we both listened to the soft jazz music coming off the stage. That was until our drinks arrived.

With me holding a gin glass and him taking sips of his scotch we started talking. When I finally took a sip I couldn't help but make a face. Never had I tasted anything this expensive. I didn't know expensive things tasted expensive but it did. The gin I'd had before had been cheap, I couldn't afford more. The difference in taste unsettled me in a way I couldn't describe. I then realized everything in the place did. The diamond chandeliers and the gold plaited serviette holders. It was too much. And the thought that I was going to probably spend the rest of my life in settings like this. It scared me. I wasn't ready.

Abraxas noticed and asked me if I wanted to leave.

"If you don't mind" I responded.

He smiled reassuringly at me "Of course not" 

So we got up and left.

We spent the remainder of the evening walking. It was nice. Somewhere along I found the right words to tell him why I wanted to leave. About my concerns of our marriage. He told me his fears too. He was scared that once we had a child. He wouldn't get to raise it to his beliefs. He was worried it would be like his father had tried to raise him, afraid that Tom would make sure of that.

There were nice moments too. Like when he held my hand for the first time, or when he made me sing him the song my father would always sing me. Abraxas was a nice boy. I came to the conclusion that if I needed to be arranged to marry any spoiled ministers son, he was definitely the one I'd want it to be.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Arriving back at Hogwarts we entered the common room only to see Tom sitting alone on the couch. Abraxas and I looked at each other before sitting down in the couch opposite to Tom's.

Tom smirks. "Had fun?" he asked.

"Yes" Abraxas answered.

"Good." Tom said and got up from the couch. "I waited up to tell you I want you to wake up early tomorrow. I expect you at Slughorn's office at 9am sharp."

He said walking towards the dormitories. 

"And Felicity" He said.

"Yes?"

"I expect you on time." with that he left the common room.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧