Part 17

"Call your offer." One of the amazones said to me in a stern tone.

I was taken aback a bit and searched the womans face noticing a bit of a sly grin. Who knew they could understand and even speak English.

"Like my companion said." I started, after swallowing and pusing my nervousness to the back of my head. I knew showing any type of weakness was not an option.

"There is a plan." I started, picking my words carefully. "You should look at it like an investment. You help us now, and when we've reached our goal we can promise you all the riches you can dream of."

They eyed each other for a quick second "And what do you ask of us?" The woman asked.

"The stone."

They looked at each other in doubt. I knew the philosophers stone was a lot to ask. I also figured out that the reason they had all these riches in their cave was because Flamel gifted it to them in return for protecting the stone. There were only two in the world and the one at Hogwards was protected by people who were way too loyal to just give it to us. We had the power to negociate with the amazones.

"We can give you more than he gave you. We just need the stone, a little faith and a few years."

The amazones looked at each other for a few seconds. Seemingly communicating with their looks.

"We found out that in the right hands and with the right power the stone can bring people back from the dead." The amazone next to me said. "We don't have your kind of magic. But if you can do that for us we may be able to come up with a deal."

"If anyone has the right hands" I said with a little hesitation in my voice. I stopped for a second thinking of what the consequences would be if I didn't keep a promise.

When I saw one of them raise an eyebrow I quickly swallowed my hesitation.

"it would be my friend, Tom Riddle."

I put on my most charming smile which appearantly worked as I could see their doubt shift into agreement.

"We don't decide." One of them said. "But we will help you."

With the amazones tentative agreement, I felt a wave of relief wash over me. It seemed that my proposal had struck a chord with them, and the prospect of having the Philosopher's Stone in their possession was enough to entice their cooperation.

"Thank you for considering our offer," I said, still maintaining my calm demeanor. "We won't disappoint you, and Tom Riddle is more than capable of wielding the stone's power to bring whoever back from the dead."

God I hoped that he wouldn't let me down on this.

The amazons nodded in acknowledgment, and one, whom I assumed was some sort of general or leader, spoke up, "We will take you to our queen to discuss the terms and make the final decision. But for now, you are our guests. My sister will take you into the village. Make yourselves comfortable." Before turning around and leaving the room.

The one who had impaled the traveler with her spear, I assumed was her sister, followed her.

As the Amazon warrior walked away, I found myself left alone. A few anxious minutes later, she reappeared, leading two companions: Tom and Abraxas.
Abraxas immediately approached me. His deep, searching eyes revealed a mix of concern and curiosity, and he asked, "Are you okay?"

I nodded in response, offering a reassuring smile. I could sense Tom, a bit taken aback and suspicious, watching us with a critical eye.

I quickly attempted to ease the tension, "They are willing, I believe. Let's follow their lead to their village and wait for an audience with their queen."