Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Maddy

High School Graduation

(Ten months later)

The day I met Bella's sister was graduation day. We had just received our diplomas and Bella ran over to us with the oddest looking girl. She had magenta hair, along with a red streak, just like Bella's, along with dark blue eyes with a hint of purple on the edges. What also struck me as odd was the ring she was wearing. It was silver, but what struck me was that she was wearing the ring that was stolen from me as a kid. It was embroidered with diamonds and had a small sun looking thing in the middle. It used to use it's power to protect me from the sun. I discarded the new one as a cheap copy. As we walked over to the girls I asked Ryder who the girl with Bella was.

"Oh. Don't worry, that's Alice. She's Bella's sister. She lives in the guest bedroom at my house.  Almost killed her the first time I met her. She's been living with me for ten months. How about I introduce you?" I was amazed that he had a house guest. I also thought it was odd that I had never heard of this woman before now, since I went over to Ryder's house a lot over the last ten months, "She likes to wander the streets at night, and sleeps during the day most days, but we made a bit of an adjustment to her sleep schedule." She did look a bit disheveled.

"Sure," I told him, looking at how happy she and Bella were together, having the time of their lives, "I'd love to," What he didn't know was that I would be very forceful in finding out where she got that ring.

"Maddy," Ryder began as we walked over to where the girls were standing, "This is Alice. Alice, this is Maddy,"

"A pleasure I'm sure," Alice and I said at the same time, looking each other in the eyes, making sure not to blink as it was common courtesy for vampires. We both giggled, Alice putting her hands to her mouth to stop anyone from seeing her fangs, which were pinpricks, no doubt because of the blood sausage stand a few feet away.

"How about we all go to my house and I'll provide snacks, so we don't have to pay for any of this food cart junk." I wondered if that meant a human but didn't care. I wanted to find out about that ring.