Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

Ryder

High School

I parked my red Lambo(yes, I had the finish changed to red, even though I wanted black, Maddy's mom, Molly, stopped me, since it would be impossible to see if my headlights were off, sigh, moms) next to Maddy's Ferrari and we both got out. I had tutored him during the last few days of summer on everything we had learned, with the help of a "quick learning" spell.

"Ready to be seniors?" I asked, lifting Bella from the backseat, her head had been limp against my shoulder during the drive to the school, "Bella wake up," I flicked my finger, and her eyes fluttered open instantly.

"Oh, yeah," Maddy answered. She pumped her arms into the air. One of her dradges(I hadn't known the name had been changed, and it had slipped Maddy's mind to tell me), Jed, walked over.

"Hey, guys," he said casually, "You ready to crush senior year?"

"Yup," Maddy said as she locked her car, "Ryder's all ready too. I taught him everything I can remember from the last two years."

"Nice Maddy. Very ni- Whoa," James balked at Maddy's blood red Ferrari, "Sweet ride. Is that a Laferrari?"

"Nah, it's a SF90 Stradale Ferrari," Maddy replied impressively, "Finest Ferrari in the U.S.A!" World's been falling into ruin from all the terrible allies our new president made(however, he did pull our country out of debt, so good job in that area of our country).

"Awesome," Jed was practically drooling, "Can I go for a ride in it sometime?

"Ryder is getting Kingdom Hearts IV for twenty-three lectatronium (lec-ta-tro-knee-um) (the most common cryptocurrency on the market, and super easy to mine. 2018 equivalent: $5. Never gets past $15. Current worth: $7.46) tonight," Maddy said thoughtfully, "Maybe you could come with us. Maddy could pick you up around seven, and you could sit up front while the lovebirds named Bella and Ryder make out," Maddy looked at me, a smirk plainly etched on her face, "That's okay with you, right?" she asked sarcastically.

"Works for me," I said shrugging, knowing that there would be some making out between Bella and I, but I pushed the thought from my mind in case Maddy was reading it, "We should get to class." Maddy and I walked to our lockers, Bella following behind us, still a bit dazed from the sudden wake up call, and looked at our schedules, Bella and Maddy's lockers on each side of my own.

"Who do you have for homeroom?" I asked, them both, hoping that we would be in the same homeroom.

"Ms. Grappler," Maddy, Jed and Bella answered in unison, bursting out in a fit of giggles, Maddy and Jed less so than Bella, putting their schedules in their lockers. I snuck into Bella's mind and saw that she and Maddy had the exact same schedules.

"What about you?" Bella asked me, looking over my shoulder to see.

"Ugh, I have Mrs. Finkelman," I groaned, "I hate her. Everyone hates her. Hey, looks like we have second period together. We have Mr. Drenkendan." My whole body filled with a rush of fear, nausea, ... and pure hatred. I didn't know if what I thought was true. I hoped not. I thought back to when I saw Maddy in the alley (I swear if you didn't read the prologue, you are going to be SOOOOOO confused).

Maddy must have noticed my expression, because she asked, "Is everything okay, Ryder?"

I shook my head and whipped out my phone, checking my list of slayers, then texting her, "All of our teachers are slayers." She gasped as she saw the text.

"Are you sure?" she texted back.

 "100%. We have to stay low and not draw any attention to ourselves." I looked up and saw agreement in her eyes. I may not have looked like it, but I'm pretty sure Maddy was as terrified as I was, and that was quite a lot.