Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Ryder

Alice

As I walked into my house, I noticed the house was insanely quiet even for an empty house. I should have heard the generator running, or the fridge running with it's super noisy ice making thingy. When I went to put Bella in my bed for some well needed rest, I noticed that her door was open and the bed was made. I tucked Bella in the bed and made her nice and warm with a hot water bottle at her feet. When I went downstairs to get a cup of water for Bella just in case she woke up, I saw a woman with purple hair, with a streak of red, just like Bella's, about Bella's age, on the couch. Immediately, I shot at her, ripped her off the couch, meanwhile, I plucked my umbrella off the stair banister, turned it into a sword, and slung the blade around her neck.

"Who are you and why are you here?" I spoke softly in her ear so only she and I could hear. Then, since she had enough room to turn around, she did and I saw her eyes. They were exactly like Bella's.

"I'm here to check on my sister, Bella. I heard she lives here. Is that correct?" She asked, looking concerned, as if she thought maybe she had gotten the wrong house.

"Not quite," I told her, "She currently resides here until she is fully healed. And she is in no state to be seeing guests." After I let her go, I thought she would leave, but instead she told me,

"I can wait." Moments after she said that, Bella came downstairs in the robe I kept there for her when she came over... it was very cute.

"Alice?"(I hope u all get that reference) she asked, sounding surprised, "What are you doing here?" She looked as surprised as she sounded, "Mom said you died years ago. I had no idea you were still alive."

"Well here I am. I just came by to see how you were doing," The woman said, giving a hopeful smile in Bella's direction, "I even dyed that red streak in my hair like you did, to remember you."

"After ten years of silence? You must be insane. You think I would let you back into my life after ten years of being missing," I noticed she was picking up the glass I had set down before I attacked the woman who was apparently called Alice, "You may think that I am just as gullible as I was when I was six," Bella looked like she would use the glass as a weapon, "Just leave me alone!!!" She threw the glass at Alice. I threw a quick spell to stop the glass without letting a single drop of water hitting the floor. I thought, to be nice, I would let Alice say her piece. I summoned the glass to my hand, took a sip, and said,

"Maybe she has a good reason for coming back. At least listen, just for me." I made sure to inject a small commanding shove at Bella through my mind, so she would be more likely to agree.

"Fine, but she had better have good reason." She told me grumpily. I knew she was pretty mad when I had said what I had, and done what I had done to her mind, but I guess she had thought she owed me for bringing her back to the country, much less the continent.

"I came back," she began explaining as I picked up Bella and carried her over to the couch across from Alice and set her down across my lap and began stroking her hair, an act I knew from experience calmed her, "Because I was told by my informant that you had been kidnapped, and your boyfriend and his good friend were rescuing you, so I decided to come by to check on you. It seemed right since I was sure that you needed some sisterly love for when you got back. Can you ever forgive me for leaving you?" I could see thoughts swimming in her mind, which all looked sincere.

"Well... I forgive you," She said sadly, "Hey!" She said, changing pace, sitting up, "What if you stayed here for awhile! You could stay in the guest bedroom and we could grab some extra food for awhile,"

"No need," she told Bella, twirling her finger, "Like your boyfriend here, I'm a vampire. I can hunt for food," She said, showing us pinprick fangs, which surprised me. Surely she wasn't an old vampire if she was Bella's sister, but yet she had the same fangs as Xaldentar and Songbird.

"I think not," I interjected, moving Bella off my lap so I could stand, "There will be no hunting while you stay in this household. If you are enticed to drink blood, it will be bagged, besides, we can't have all the city's hobos vanishing suddenly." I could see the anger on Alice's face, but what made up for it was the thankfulness on Bella's face, "If you brought anything with you, please hand it to me. I'll bring it upstairs." That was how I met Bella's sister.