Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Maddy

The Great Idea

"Well," I said exasperatedly as I went to the garbage to throw away the blood bags Ryder had carelessly dropped on the linoleum floor,(I was not happy that he took more than I said, then I remembered mom's rule about the bags, so I did not have an outburst like I normally would) "If we can get the charges on me, rather than on you, the worst thing that can happen to me is my spot on the vampire council being revoked."

"But that's awful anyway!" he exclaimed, taking a large gulp of the steaming blood, shuddering as the red liquid shot down his throat.

"Good point," I replied, grabbing some blood cupcakes from the fridge.

"Even if it WAS a good idea, which it isn't, how are you going to get the charges on yourself?" he asked, grabbing a cupcake and chomping in half.

"I'm still working on it... OH! What if we say I influenced you?" I said sitting down with a cupcake, chomping down, bursting a blood capsule inside(lucky me the capsules are digestible. They disintegrate before they hit my stomach).

"I won't let you, you're too nice for that!" he yelled, throwing the cupcake wrapper into the trash.

"A) Shut up and B) Too bad." I said smugly, walking towards the door, Ryder gaping behind me.