Natalie's POV

Before you start reading this chapter id like to make a quick shoutout to two amazing people. :)

1) NeverForget143. This amazing girl were an autobiography with 19. Before you go rolling your eyes claiming that she's too young for that, this book isn't about the answer to life or a life altering discovery. It's a book about a girl who's been trough a lot and can relate to a lot of people. So if you have a minute I seriously suggest you check out her story 'who I am' it's worth it ❤️

2) Shell789. People like her keep me writing this story. She was one of my first followers and has been supportive from the beginning, commenting and voting. So if your reading this Shell789 a massive thank you ❤️

Sorry for the long message but both these people are worth checking out.

Happy reading 😎
Xx Nike

Natalie's POV

I stepped over the threshold, hearing the blood rush in my ears. The apartment was brightly lit with huge windows and light colored furniture. I spotted Echo's brothers sitting at the dining table coloring something but couldn't find her mom. I turned to look at Echo who was standing next to me.

"Where is she?" I whispered.

"She's coming" Echo said walking over to her brothers and giving them a kiss on the forehead. A fresh guilt wave washed over me as I washed Echo converse with the two adorable boys. I was so blinded by my desire to knock Echo off her high perch that I didn't realize that I was doing was punishable by law and I was eternally grateful for Echo preventing her mother from calling the cops. I was suddenly pulled form my train of thought when a door opened on the far side of large room. Out stepped a beautiful woman with close to identical features like Echo. Her blonde hair was in a messy bun with loose curls framing her pretty face. She was wearing shorts and a tang top and didn't look a day over 30. Her eyes were a cool assessing color like Echo's and now their were focused on me like hawk eyes. I swallowed hard once and stepped forward.

"Hello" she greeted me.

"Hi" I said giving her a weak smile.

"So you're Natalie Sanchez, huh?" she said, resting her hip against the table.

I nodded, my mouth suddenly dry.

"Could you two give us a minute please? And take Max and Theo with you" she said.

I froze; this was not going according to plan.

"Um" Echo said giving me an unsure look. Even though everything in me was restraining I gave her a small nod.

"Sure" she drew out finally nudging her brothers slightly to come with her. They whined at first but when Echo whispered something tin their ears, a huge smile broke out on their faces and they trotted off. Archer slung his arm around her shoulder and they walked after the two boys. Reluctantly I turned back to the woman in front of me.

"Echo told me you. A lot" She said tucking a curl behind her ear.

I swallowed again, "I can imagine"

She sighed once.

"Look Natalie. What you did was really unbelievable. Frankly you could have been court right now, but my daughter sees the good in everyone. She doesn't believe that someone can genuinely be bad at heart and she gave you a second chance. We all know it was you who beat her up and kidnapped my sons yet here she is, taking you in. I hope you're aware of that, because if I hear of another slipup, we'll meet again in court. Am I clear?" She asked with so much authority and strength in her voice that it took everything within me to keep her gaze and eventually nod my head.