Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I threw on blue mesh shorts and a black tang top, looking for my flip-flops and a hair tie. Quickly pushing my hair in a ponytail, I ran out the door, grabbing my bag on the way out. Archer was in the car tapping his fingers on the wheel. He had a grey beanie on his head, and had successfully stuffed all his hair into the safety of the wool hat. I laughed at him, even though he looked mighty fine with a beanie on his head.

"You touch this" he said pointing at his beanie, "And I will do a lot more than stand in your room dressed up as a psycho killer."

"And what are you going to do during basketball practice, you can hardly train with that on your head" I said clipping in my seatbelt.

He scowled at me, "I'll find a way, trust me"

I let out a short chuckle and turned on the music.

*

When we reached the school Archer tucked me under his arm allowing me to lean into his warm body.

The leaves had turned a dark red and the autumn breeze was gradually whirling more and more off the trees. The winds had picked up and chilly, cleansing air blew through the city, washing away the heat of summer.

We passed by a couple of our classmates and stopped quickly to greet them and exchange a few words.

One of the guys in the group, Travis, was giving me strange looks, repetitively looking at my forehead. I almost did a facepalm. I had completely forgot the idiotic word on my face for the whole word to see.

"This dimwit drew on my face while I was sleeping" I said looking at him. All the others broke into a fit of laughter.

"Sweet man, nice one" They all slapped Archer on the back. The girls whom I had interacted with in class looked over at me, rolling their eyes at the guys' immaturity and asked,

"Did you do anything back?"

"Actually I was the first one to prank, this was just his 'revenge' act," I said.

"Whatcha do?" they asked leaning in in anticipation.

I looked up and saw Archer talking to the guys, not focusing on me. I gave the girls an overdramatic evil look and yanked the beanie from Archers head before running away.

I saw the guys and teddy leaning against the side of the school hooting in laughter. I raced up to Phil and stood behind him. I peeked under his arm and saw Archer run towards us like his life depended on it.

"GIVE ME THE BEANIE BACK!" he yelled as he stormed towards us.

Realising that Phil wouldn't provide much protection when Archer waltzed over him I pushed open the doors and ran inside. I rushed past the masses of students in the hallway and raced towards the girls bathroom on the second floor. I heard Archer still yelling behind me, quickly covering the short distance between us. I picked up my pace and took three steps at a time, kicking open the door of the bathroom and running over to the window that over looked the parking lot. Two floors underneath the window the guys were still with Teddy.

"Teddy!" I yelled down.

She looked around confused searching for me.

"Up here Teddy!" I yelled again. I heard the bathroom door bang against the wall and then felt Archer's presence behind me.

"Take this and guard it with your life!" I shouted and tossed the beanie down to her. She caught and waved it triumphantly through the air like a flag before entering the school.