Echo's POV

Echo’s POV

I was sitting at my desk when my brothers burst into the room with red capes around the necks. (Max and Theo are their names. I think I messed up somewhere in the book and gave them other names as well but I’m sticking with these names. Sorry :$) Max pointed at Theo with tear in his eyes.

“HE SAID I”M AFOPTED!” (see picture to the side or at the top of the beginning of the chapter if you're reading in the app. ;D)

I had to laugh at that. I picked him up and placed him on my lap wiping away his tears.

“Its called adopted and trust me your not. Do you even know what adopted means?”

Both boys shook their heads staring up at me with big brown eyes.

“Its when a mommy and a daddy can’t ke-“ I began explaining but something caught Max’s interest and he raced out the room. A fraction of a second later Theo was out the door as well. I had to smile as I heard them pestering my mom with a new topic. So much about being adopted. I plugged my ear buds in and finished the paper I had to write for school.

*   *    *

“I am on the verge of starvation, I’m not kidding. I think my stomach is eating itself”, I groaned quietly to Archer as out Math teacher droned on about a simple topic. It was only a mere ten minutes until lunchtime but it could have easily been ten decades. I was slumped low in my chair and played with small ball of sticky tack (prestick whatever you call it). Sanchez had once again smiled overly sweetly at me and graced us with a hello this morning but then disappearing before Math class. The teacher hadn’t questioned her absence and I scoffed at the fact because of her parents’ name she was free to do whatever she wanted to. I watched Ryder and Jimmy throw paper balls at each other and teddy doodling in her text book, no one particularly interested in what was going on. When the amazing sound of the bell finally resonated through the school it was a stampeded of wild people pushing and shoving each other to get out and into the cafeteria. I strolled out hand in hand with Archer with the rest of the guys trailing behind. When we rounded the corner of the crowded hallway I stopped dead in my tracks pulling Archer to an abrupt halt next to me. In the middle of the sea of students stood Sanchez. Our fellow pupils were avoiding her, parting around her like Moses and the red sea. But she wasn’t alone. Apart from her posse of brainwashed minions she had my brothers wrists in a vice like grip. They looked terrified by all the people around them, and their hands bent at a painful angle due to Sanchez clutches. An animalistic growl left my throat as I released Archers hand.