Hone-onna- Japanese

I'm back YAY sorry I was gone for so long there was A LOT going on but I'm here and will be publishing new legends hopefully every day!

The word Hone-onna means bone woman. The hone-onna can mostly be found in dark streets, alleys, and graveyards. It is said that the hone-onna retained an undying love that continued long after her flesh had rotten away. The ghost appears as they did when they were still living. She would appear as a young beautiful woman and only those unclouded in love or a strong religious faith will be able to see through the disguise and be able to see there true form.

The true form is rotting, fetid skeletal corpse that has returned from the grave. A short story there is, is that at night a hone-onna will rise from the grave and will wonder to the house of her former lover. Everyone will be so shocked from her appearing because they thought she died but they won't be aware of her true form. The hone-onna herself won't even know. She spends the night and will leave in the morning. This could continue for days even weeks without anyone noticing her. Each night she will drain some of her lovers life.

He will then begin to get sicker and weaker. He will eventually die joining the hone-onna forever in deaths embrace. The hone-onna is mostly known for killing men and also having a bone face with rotting flesh. Other things I have heard about the hone-onna is that she is a very angry ghost seeking revenge for her past where her boyfriend had cheated on her and now is looking for revenge by going on the streets of Japan at night and killing every man she sees. I have not heard of a way you could escape the hone-onna all of the stories have ended with the men dying so I don't think there is a way of escaping. Lucky for me though I'm not a man and I don't live in Japan. But for you that are men and do live in Japan watch your back walking home at night.

Hello I'm back finally I'm so sorry I was gone for so long there was just way to much going on to be writing about these urban legends I am going to start publishing new urban legends every day hopefully and I'm almost out of school for summer break so I will be able to write during the summer! Thanks for reading this chapter I'm so grateful I'll probably update more then once today hope you have a great day byeee love you all! 💜