17.

The End of the Affair
Season 3 Episode 3
Part 2

Klaus and I are walking next to each other and Stefan following behind.

"I was your number one fan." Klaus says to Stefan.

"Why should I believe any of this? Stefan asks.

Klaus stops in front of a guardman and compels him, "When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die."

"I'm going to stay here until Rebekah wakes up." I tell Klaus.

"It could take hours before she wakes up." Klaus says.

"I know."

"Call me when she wakes up." He says as I nod and he continues walking. I walked back to Rebekah's coffin while listening to Stefan and Klaus conversation. I heard that they were going back to Stefan's old apartment.

When Stefan has his humanity off him and I never really got along. I guess it because when he knows me so well that he knows where to poke to get on my nerves.

Chicago 1920s (Flashback)
Rebekah and I are looking at Stefan and Klaus talking, "They seem to be getting along." I said to Rebekah.

"He does treat vampirism well."

"That's because his humanity is off."

"Why don't you ask Klaus to compel him to turn it on or asked me?" She asks.

"If you compel him you're just forcing to them to feel. When you try something else like torture you make them feel the pain until they want to feel and they want to let it all in." I answer her, recalling what Lexi had told me.

"You know I'd never thought my brother would find love like he found with you."

"I'd never thought I would have someone who loves me as much as I love them. Let alone that it would be Nik who I love. I guess love tend to surprise us."

"You should put in a good word about me to your brother." Rebekah says and it kind of surprises me.

"I'm sure you made an impression on him that he'll never forget." I replied.

Klaus had told me that Rebekah tends to fall easily for a guy but I had never seen it first hand until now. I'd like to think that Rebekah's one true love is Marcel. Marcel was like a son to Klaus. I believe Marcel was 8 years old when Klaus took him in. Klaus had been the wedge between Marcel and Rebekah's relationship to protect her from heartbreak. And I understood that because I'm like that with my brothers but mostly with Stefan.

Unfortunately, Marcel had died not too long ago at Mikael's hands. Klaus hasn't talked about him since. Marcel was like a son to him. I was gone for about a week because I usually like to check up on my brothers to make sure they were okay. That week before the opera house burned down I went to check up on Damon.

I never saw vampirism as true immorality. We had weaknesses that could lead to death. I wasn't like paranoid thinking that I'd be dead the next day. I just knew that one day death would show up on our doorway. It just might take longer than it does with humans. Being near death more than a couple of times can change someone's perspective on life.

I was always worried about my brothers because they do know how to piss off people who would want to kill them. So over the years, I would check up on them to make sure they were fine.

The night of Marcel's death Klaus and I planned to meet up at the opera house and when I got there I saw the opera house was on fire and I heard the screams of the people who were inside. I knew that it had to be Mikael's doing. I was terrified that Mikael had got to Klaus soon enough I was vamp-speed away by Klaus himself.