40

The Five
Season 4 Episode 4

I woke up the next morning hearing noises. I looked to the side and Nik isn't next to me. Usually, when I wake up and he isn't next to me he's in his art room painting. I got up from the bed and put on a robe. I made my way into his art room and he isn't there.

That's weird.

I follow the noises which lead to a back room downstairs. I walked in and see some guy tied up and Nik turns around. "Did I wake you? I didn't mean to."

"It's fine. Who's he?" I asked as I glanced at the guy.

"He's the one who tried to kill Tyler."

"And you have him here? End it quick and get it over with." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I can't." Nik says and I looked at him confusingly.

"Fine. I'll do it for you." I said as I walked towards the guy and Nik grabs my arm.

"You can't either."

"Why? If this is some sort of revenge torture thing because he tried to kill Tyler, I..."

"It's not. Not exactly. He's one of the five."

"What?"

"He's one of the five."

"The five?" I asked shocked as I recalled Nik telling me about them. This is why he brought up the children talk yesterday. "I thought they were gone."

"Apparently not because he's one of them."

"Where are the tattoos?" I asked confusingly.

"Invisible. I'm trying to get him to talk but clear Connor does not know nothing." Nik says as he looks at the guy groaning in pain.

"Try sticking something under the eyelid behind the eye that usually gets people talking." I said and he smirks.

"Note taken."

"Was he here since last night?" I asked and he stays quiet. Nik and I had a quiet busy night last night and he hasn't put a spell on the room and I thought no one was home but clearly, I was wrong. I shrugged it off. Don't get me started on the number of times Nik's siblings walking in on us.

I smiled softly as I kiss him. "Good morning."

"Good morning, love." He smiles showing his dimples.

"I'm going to shower then I'll come to help you get some answers." I said and he nods.

"I'm going to go find Rebekah."

"Well, good luck. You're going to need it." I said and he smiles as he kisses me.

***

I'm in Nik's art room looking through his paintings. There's one of me dated February 1901. I remembered the first time I met Kol. It was not pleasant.

Flashback 1901
Nik and I are in bed. He kisses my neck as our bodies are moving in sync and moans are escaping my lips.

"Nik, I'm awake—oh my god."

Nik and I literally froze in place and our heads turn to see Kol who has just awaken from Nik pulling the dagger out of him a couple of hours ago. There are blankets covering us which made it less embarrassing.

"Please don't stop on my behalf. You done hit the jackpot with this one, brother. Continue." Kol smirks and backs out of the room closing the door.