49

(A/N: Fill in chapter since I'm skipping Episode 15)

Flashback May of 1863 Louisiana
I'm sitting on a spread out blanket on the shore near the ocean. I've been coming here every day for almost three months now. I came here to New Orleans because I wanted to speak with Rebekah but I didn't find her so I guess I'll be leaving town tonight. I'll try to find her in Colorado where she said she might be at. She gave me a list of places on where she might be at and New Orleans was on the top of the list.

I laid back with my hands on the blanket holding me up. I take in the fresh scent and the wind is blowing throw my hair. It's the middle of the night and I'm just wearing a short, silk dress instead of those traditional big dresses. I never did like them. I watched the ocean waves come in and come out and the stars are bright tonight.

"Twice in one night, I must be lucky." I heard a very familiar accent say and I look up to see Klaus. I had just seen him a couple of hours ago in New Orleans. I smiled as he sits next to me. "You look stunning, love." He smirks eyeing me from head to toe. "You know, know most women get criticized for wearing a dress like that."

"Do you disapprove?"

"Not at all." He smirks making me smile.

"Why are you here?"

"I like here. You?"

"Same reason. Plus I can't sleep. This place makes me feel..." I said not being able to find the right word.

"...free."

"Yeah. Free. Hundreds and thousands of miles of the unknown. Just a pure bliss of silence and peace." I said looking at the ocean and how beautiful it looks at this time of night. Vampires can see everything perfectly clear.

"Have you been?" Klaus asks as he looks at me and I turn to look at him.

"No, but I'd like to."

"Maybe one day you'll let me show you." Klaus says with a smile.

"Maybe." I said almost whispering and he turns to look at the ocean as I see him grinning with his dimples showing. He was definitely a flirt. I had only known him just a couple of weeks and he's already offering to take me across seas.

"Earlier you said you can't sleep. Why?"

"Ohh..." I trailed off because I didn't want him to know that I'm afraid to go to sleep because I have horrible nightmares that I can't wake up from until they're over. "I'm not much of a sleeper."

"Me either. Have you went into the ocean?"

"Nooo." I said with a small laugh. "I don't know how to swim." I said and I see a smirk appear on his face. In a blink of any eye, he's standing in front of me holding his hand for me to take.

"Come on, love." He says and I looked at him for a brief moment before taking his hand. I stood up from the ground as we walk towards the ocean hand in hand. I gasp when I feel the water touch my foot. It's freezing cold. After a second it went away and it felt like nothing. We walked until the water is by my waist. "It's nice isn't it, love?"

I grinned as I nodded. "It's beautiful." I said looking at the stars.

When me and my brothers were younger we used to come outside of the middle of the night and we'd count the stars. It's one of the many happy memories we made for ourselves to forget all the others that weren't so memorable.

I looked at Klaus and he leans in as if he's about to kiss me and I did what any girl who had only been intimate with one person and had an 800+ year old Original vampire whose about to kiss her and he had probably kissed many women and had been intimate with many— I put my hands on his shoulders pushing down into the water even though I might... definitely will drown. I giggled when I saw his surprise face but then I got surprised when he pulls me down with him.