34

Before Sunset
Season 3 Episode 21
Part 1

"You knew me as Blake Novak?" I asked and he nods. I've only used that name in Italy... then again he did compel me to forget. "What did I do?" I asked him as I'm standing in front of him and his eyebrows furrowed.

"What makes you think you did something? It could have been I who did something."

"Because I lied about who I was which means my lies catch up to me and because I know myself." I said and he stays quiet. "So tell me."

Klaus begins explaining everything from beginning to end and it took the rest of night. According to him, I was in New Orleans for 3 months in 1863.

"I always believe that love was a vampire's greatest weakness and that was true until you came along. One day it was 4 a.m., you and I were talking. It was just the two of us in my room and for the first time in a long time I felt happiness that didn't come from family. I kissed you and I said 'I love you, Blake' and you looked me in the eyes and said 'my name is not Blake. It's Ava Rose... Ava Rose Salvatore.' I think you could imagine how everything went from there."

I could imagine how it went... lots of yelling in his part and lots of yelling in my part because I don't like people yelling at me and when they do I yell back at them.

"Did I sleep with you to use you for my own benefits? Like figuring out where Rebekah is?" I asked cautiously.

I wouldn't be surprised if I did sleep with him for the sole purpose to find Rebekah. I slept with the enemy from Italy to find out what he was up to. I had no intention of him falling in love with me but he did and he told me. I didn't love him though. Then a week later a war broke out between him and his group of vampires... and me. I had to run and I took my name back. I used the name Blake because when an enemy is looking for a Blake they ended up finding a man instead of a woman which made their time looking for me much harder.

Klaus doesn't answer me. "Did I?" I asked again.

"No, you didn't." Klaus says and I stare at him for a moment to see if he was lying but he wasn't. "I thought that those three were just full of lies so I compelled you to tell me everything. You fought against my compulsion for mostly all of it. For such a young vampire I was impressed that you could resist my compulsion." He explains.

"Did I tell you anything about how I was turned or anything with me being pregnant two years prior of knowing you?"

"Those were the parts you resisted my compulsion. You told me that you were from Mystic Falls and that you had two brothers." Klaus answers and I nodded.

"Was those three months full of lies?"

"You only lied about your name and the real reason you were in town but everything else you said was true. At the time I didn't know what was true and what wasn't so I compelled you to forget me... to forget ever stepping foot in New Orleans. I compelled you to go back to Mystic Falls."

That would explain why I went back to Mystic Falls when I planned on never going back.

"Then 21 years later you walk in a bar soaked because there was a thunderstorm. Pretending not to love you for over twenty years was the hardest thing I had to do." Klaus says and I smiled softly. "You noticed I was avoiding those three years?"