31

All My Children
Season 3 Episode 15

(Flashback Late December 1890 New Orleans)
I walked into the compound when Klaus walks up to me, "Have you seen Rebekah or Elijah?" I asked him.

"No. They should be back later."

"Okay, I'll come back later." I said and turn to walk away but he appears in front of me.

"You've been avoiding me." Klaus says and I looked at him confusingly.

"What? No, I haven't. It's been three days."

"Why?"

"I'm giving you space: an out. I don't want you to be with me because you feel like you owe me something because you feel pity or because I have so much baggage that I can barely carry it myself or because I..."

Klaus cuts me by kissing me, "I'm with you because I want to be. I'm with you because I love you."

I pulled away for a moment, "Are you sure?" I asked and he answers by kissing me.

"I love you." Klaus says saying each word slowly.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to those three words." I said and he smiles, "I love you, too."

•••

I'm at a party that Mikaelsons are hosting. Klaus holds out his hand and I take it. He leads me to the dance floor. I put my arms around him and he put his hands on my waist as we slowly dance and gazed into each other eyes.

"You look beautiful." Klaus smiled which makes me smile. "Did you find your brother?"

"No, but I did deal with the witches."

"How so?" He asks.

"They wanted the pendant my mother gave me so I gave it to them and they wouldn't in any way go out for revenge." I tell him.

"The talisman?" Klaus asks and I nod. "Ava, that's—"

I cut him off. "It's a small price to pay for what I did." I said and he just nods. "It has no use for me."

"We should go to England."

"What?"

"Would you like to go to England? We haven't gone anywhere." He says as we continue to dance.

I pretended to think before I gave him an answer in which he smiles. "Yes. I've never went anywhere but here in the states and Italy."

"You haven't?" He asks as I shake my head, no. "Well, then I think I will show you the best of what this world has to offer."

"I think I'd like that." I smiled as he kisses me.
(End of Flashback)

***

Klaus is sitting on the couch while he's sketching and I'm sitting next to him and Kol is here too.

"Can I see know?" I asked Klaus.

"Later. It's a gift for you." He smiles just as Rebekah enters the living room.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl!" Kol says as he stands before her and blocks her way.

"Get out of my way, Kol." Rebekah says.

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?" Kol asks.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah threatens and I smiled.

"Don't start, Ava!" Rebekah says and notices Klaus grinning, "You too, Nik."