Chapter 11

Yay, two chapters in a week! Pleas tell me what you think, it would mean so much :D Thank you for reading! :)

I was completely ignoring and avoiding Carter at all costs, knowing that if I confronted him I would most likely kill him. Not that it was hard - to avoid him I mean - since I have two jobs and he only came to the ice cream parlour when my shift was over, indicating that he was avoiding me too.

Don't get me wrong, I was not complaining. If anything I was extremely glad - especially since I had to focus on how to deal with Derek tonight.

Yeah, in my opinion I still didn't see the difference between a bikini and lingerie but I decided that I should still wear a one piece suit underneath just in case. Unfortunately for me though, my mom threw out all my simple ones so I only had one piece bathing suits that were still a little revealing...

Okay fine, they were really revealing. They might as well have been two pieces, but as long as I kept deluding myself I felt better, so that's what I kept doing. The other bad thing was that Emily and Hannah were forcing me to wear shorts and a tank top, convincing me that if I wanted to have any kind of chance of keeping my clothes on that would only happen if I went with as little clothes as possible. I listened to them because they were the experts.

I had told my parents I was going to Emily's house to sleep there for the night, Emily told her parents she was staying over at Hannah's and Hannah said she was staying at Emily's, but I suggested we all sleep in my beach house for when we wanted to leave. Yeah being rich had it's advantages.

I was waiting for Emily to pick me up from work so we could go to the party and she came just on time.

"Alright, are you ready for this Sam?" Hannah asked excitedly.

"Nervous but ready," I confirmed. "And tomorrow we're going to go ahead with our plan to get my diaries back. Are you ready for that?"

"I'm ready, but I'm not too sure it'll work."

"Well aren't you encouraging," I said sarcastically.

"Hey I'm just being realistic. I don't know how long we can distract him for. Seriously, I think we should just wait at least a week so we can get an idea of his routine."

"He's already had my diaries for a week, who knows how much he's already read. I can't afford to allow him the luxury of keeping my diaries for another week," I said with frustration.

"Okay fine, but I can't guarantee it'll work."

"I'm not asking you to."

"Will you two stop talking about this now, we've arrived," Emily announced.

I looked out of the window to see a beautiful mansion with loud music blasting from the walls. There were people on the front lawn and stairs and tons of cars parked all over the extremely huge and long driveway.

We all got out of the car and Emily locked it with a click of her car keys. We all hooked arms and walked down, up the stairs and then finally into Derek Herry's house. As soon as I stepped foot inside my ear drums bursted. I swear, the music was so loud I felt the whole floor vibrating.

Emily and Hannah dragged me forward until we arrived to the kitchen, where thankfully the music was quieter and Derek was standing with his friends, chatting casually with a cup in his hand. I walked right up to him and gently tapped his shoulder. He turned to face me with one raised eyebrow but when he saw it was me he smirked.

"So you came."

I shrugged, "Just came to confirm that your parties were lame."

"How long have you been here?"