Chapter 19

Dedicated to sneekymystic for voting more than once and getting to chapter 18. It made my day knowing that someone enjoys my writing enough to continue reading it. So thank you again sneekymystic for voting and reading and enjoying! :D

I trudged down the stairs. It was my first Saturday off and I was awakened bright and early thanks to Joey who splashed me with ice cold water. I screamed with shock and bolted out of my bed.

When my eyes landed on him I glared angrily. “You are so dead Joey,” I threatened, still shaking from the cold. His eyes widened and he quickly ran away. I would have run after him but I was too cold and I knew I could get him back later.

“Ha-” Alyssa started to say, but she stopped short when she saw me. “Joey?” she asked, knowing instantly who the culprit was.

“Yep,” I sighed, going into my walk-in wardrobe.

“Well, happy birthday anyway sis,” I heard her say from behind me and when I turned to look at her I found her smiling. “How does it feel to finally be seventeen?”

“The same as it always feels?” I asked.

“You always say that,” she pouted.

“It’s true,” I shrugged. “That’s why I don’t make such a big deal out of my birthday.”

“Sam, where are you?” I heard Kevin ask from my room. I walked out of my wardrobe.

“I’m here.”

He grinned, “Happy birthday!”

“Thanks?” I asked unsurely.

“Oh come on, you could be a little more enthusiastic,” he said.

“Where’s the point in that?”

“The point is, I’m taking you out to dinner tonight and Alyssa and Joey.”

“What about mom and dad?” I frowned.

“They can’t make it tonight but they promised they’d do something soon.”

I sighed, “I’ll tell them to forget about it, this is why I don’t bother in the first place,” I shrugged. “Besides, you’ll have to cancel dinner tonight because Carter already invited me over to his place.”

“Really?” Alyssa asked.

“Yes, he invited you guys too but I’m only letting you come if you promise not to tell him or anyone else that it’s my birthday. I don’t want anyone to know and make a fuss.”

“I can’t promise that I won’t tell,” Kevin said.

“You’re lame,” I told him bluntly.

“I would come with you Sammy but I had plans with Savannah.”

“That sucks. Well at least Hannah and Emily are coming.”

“Does that mean Joey will be there?”

“No way, he’ll shout it to the world that it’s my birthday and he’ll be annoying me all night. I already told Hannah not to bring him.”

“I see,” Kevin said.

“Yeah anyway, I’m going to get changed and go to the pool to swim for the next few hours.”

“What time do you have to bet there for?” Alyssa asked.

“Six, they want to have a Morgan Freeman movie marathon.”

“Cool, well I hope you have a good time Sammy,” Kevin said, giving me a hug.