Chapter 17

Okay hello! I'd like to apologize for neglecting this story! I just haven't had time with school and exams and stuff but yeah, here it is. Please vote and comment so I know what you think because seriously, I have no idea what anyone thinks of this...

Anyway, I hope you ENJOY! :D

I got up relatively late in the morning but it felt good to get a goodnight’s rest for once after a long night at the restaurant.

“So, where are we going today?” Emily asked over the phone.

“I’d personally love to just lounge about in my pool,” I sighed. “But I have things to sort out with Derek. Do you think he’ll be at the beach?” I wondered.

“He’s always at the beach,” she drawled and I could just see her rolling her eyes.

“Okay well, we’re going to have to stalk him a little bit.”

“You want to stalk him at ten in the morning?”

“Well when else am I going to do it?”

“Okay then fine, but what’s your aim?”

“Just to make myself known, but also to make it look like other guys want me.”

“Then you’re going to have to wear a bikini.”

“What?” I asked in disbelief. “No way, I’m not going that far!” I practically cried.

“Well, you have to make yourself known, so do it properly.”

“I’m not wearing a bikini in order to do that,” I frowned, even though she couldn’t see my face.

“Yes you are,” she countered.

“No I’m not,” I argued.

“Yes you are, or else I’ll just strip you naked.”

I narrowed my eyes, “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Wouldn’t I?”

“Ugh fine, I’ll wear the damn bikini,” I huffed.

“Good,” she said triumphantly. “Now, will our dearest Hannah be joining us?”

“No, she already went off with Joey.”

“Alright cool, I’ll see you in twenty down at the beach by the surf store.”

“Okay, see you then.” I hung up and ran upstairs to get ready, but as soon as I remembered that I had to wear a bikini I slowed down again and groaned. Damn that girl! Reluctantly, I took out a navy blue one and then wore a long skirt over it and some shorts before putting on an oversized white jersey top.

I was almost ready to leave; I was just waiting for the chauffeur when Kevin came out of the kitchen. “Where are you going?” he asked.

“To the beach,” I shrugged.

“Didn’t you go yesterday?”

“Yes but I’m pale, I still need to tan.”

He rolled his eyes. “You already have an olive skin tone naturally.”

“Barely,” I snorted. “Anyway, I want to be bronze.”

“Okay fine whatever; just don’t do anything I wouldn’t let you do.”

I raised my eyebrows, “I can’t promise that today,” I told him with a small smile.

His eyes narrowed, “What are you going to do?”