Chapter 10

Hey, I am sooooo sorry that I've taken so long to update! :S It's just that I went away on holiday and I didn't have any time to do anything. Also, there was like no Internet access so I couldn't update anyway.

But I'm back, and I'll be updating frequently - at least once a week if not twice.

Now, on with the story!

Derek said all he wanted to do was talk. I gave him the finger and punched him in the face.

Okay fine I didn't do that, but I sure as hell wanted to because he certainly deserves it. The only thing stopping me was my mom and the fact that I had to act like I was playing hard to get/bordering on indifference when it came to him.

I kept up my cold act as I looked at him and he tried to make conversation.

"So how have the holidays been so far?" he wondered in an attempt to make small talk.

"This year I got a job," I informed him. "You?" I asked curtly.

He looked uncomfortable now and he held his neck with his hand. "Oh my holidays have been fine, just the same old thing."

"Same old thing?" I raised an eyebrow, pretending I had no idea what he did. That way I would get him to talk more about himself.

"Oh right, of course," he said in remembrance of my low social status in school despite how high it is in the real world. A low status I've managed to acquire only due to him and all his stupid games. "I mean as in I'm still having the wild parties and and road trips and shit," he bragged, like somehow his low-life, drunken, sad, pathetic, loud, boring, out-of-control, pointless, rubbish parties were something that would impress me.

"Oh, you mean as in the parties where I've heard girls have gotten raped and people have gotten so drunk they've had car accidents?" I asked innocently. He just looked at me in silence.

"Wow, I'd hate to be you. I can't imagine the guilt you must be feeling. After all, you are the one who holds them, right?" I asked.

"Well yeah, but it's not like I tell everyone what to do," he said through gritted teeth, his anger surfacing.

"Yeah, but you're the one supplying the alcohol. So basically you are responsible."

"You know, they're not as bad as you may think," he said gently, putting on his nice guy facade again.

"Pfft, I'll believe that when I see it."

"Fine then, come on Tuesday night to my house. My parents are leaving tomorrow night to go on vacation and I'm holding a party."

"I have work."

"Then come after work."

"I finish at one in the morning."

"The party doesn't finish until four."

"My parents wouldn't allow it."

"You haven't even asked."

"I don't need to."

"Where are they?"

"Somewhere," I shrugged.

"Look, if you're really that scared then bring your brother along or something."

"I'm not scared!"

"Then come."

"Fine, I'll come. I'll be at your house at two. Does that sound okay?"

He leaned in closer to me, a cocky grin on his face, and that's when I knew that I had just lost another one of his little games, but it was okay because he was going to lose the big one.